BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: 2017 in review  (Read 780 times)

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Re: 2017 in review
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 05:52:52 PM »
You'll see over time that your exercise will get easier the longer you are away from smoking, or at least I could notice and it made me want to stay away.

Great job quitting Clark!!

Amen.  When I was playing football in college we used to have to run (20)110yd sprints in under 18sec each with 30sec rest between.  During the summer you would build up your conditioning to pass the test before 2-a-days. Toward the end of the summer I was in great shape and on a Tuesday ran all 20 under time with no problem at all.  We had Wednesday off so we went out that night to the bars and I shared 2 cigarettes with a girl who I was trying to be friendly with.  Didn't really drink that heavy - no more than any other night and less than a weekend - and seemed fine the next day.  Thursday morning, I had to run the same sprints.  I got to #10 and was coughing, gasping, couldn't breathe for anything, and was basically begging the lord to pull a hamstring or something just to make the pain in my chest stop. That was the worst day of conditioning I've ever had. I missed time on the last 6 if I remember correctly and got my ass chewed out. I swore off Cigarettes before I took a step off the field.

Interesting. I don't doubt your story, but I read a fears years back (Outdoor magazine, maybe?) of long distance runners smoking just before a race to help increase lung capacity and other stuff that i can't pronounce or understand

I can tell you first hand that's bullshit. I smoked two cigarettes a few weeks ago and went to run the next morning and felt like death! And I run 5-8 miles 5 times a week
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 07:02:27 PM »
You'll see over time that your exercise will get easier the longer you are away from smoking, or at least I could notice and it made me want to stay away.

Great job quitting Clark!!

Amen.  When I was playing football in college we used to have to run (20)110yd sprints in under 18sec each with 30sec rest between.  During the summer you would build up your conditioning to pass the test before 2-a-days. Toward the end of the summer I was in great shape and on a Tuesday ran all 20 under time with no problem at all.  We had Wednesday off so we went out that night to the bars and I shared 2 cigarettes with a girl who I was trying to be friendly with.  Didn't really drink that heavy - no more than any other night and less than a weekend - and seemed fine the next day.  Thursday morning, I had to run the same sprints.  I got to #10 and was coughing, gasping, couldn't breathe for anything, and was basically begging the lord to pull a hamstring or something just to make the pain in my chest stop. That was the worst day of conditioning I've ever had. I missed time on the last 6 if I remember correctly and got my ass chewed out. I swore off Cigarettes before I took a step off the field.

Interesting. I don't doubt your story, but I read a fears years back (Outdoor magazine, maybe?) of long distance runners smoking just before a race to help increase lung capacity and other stuff that i can't pronounce or understand

I can tell you first hand that's bullshit. I smoked two cigarettes a few weeks ago and went to run the next morning and felt like death! And I run 5-8 miles 5 times a week
I recall similar stories, but I believe they smoked them immediately before the run/swim.  The chemicals increase blood pressure, heart rate, and some other stuff.  Who knows for sure, but I am positive I have never seen Michael Phelps take a drag (cigarette) before a comp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2017, 07:04:24 PM »
Maybe the green. Rogan always says it helps him with jujitsu, Running, and weights. He’s a big believer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 07:05:15 PM »
NIH reference:  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3001541/

I was smoking to enhance my endurance while jeeping.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 07:19:18 PM »
I read the same as Clark, they were practically smoking on the starting line. Im sure lots of athletes have never done it, just as they have never done anything else to give themselves an advantage.

Then again, just about every cyclist in the pro world never doped until it was exposed that almost everyone of them did lol

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 07:20:49 PM »
Maybe the green. Rogan always says it helps him with jujitsu, Running, and weights. He’s a big believer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old room mate had a Schwarzenegger documentary with candid video of him smoking pot while training for competitions

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2017, 08:00:26 PM »
I read the same article posted and I thought it was written by the Marlboro man himself.

Haha, that would be a classic Simpson's scene. 

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 09:25:22 AM »
Simpson's are always ahead of the curve
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE