BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: #Whatever  (Read 25247 times)

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
Re: #Whatever
« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2018, 09:44:52 AM »

I’m betting it looks awful with its top off.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looks awful with the top on, so I agree that top off wouldn’t be any better.  I know it’s subjective, but I’m not a fan.

I like it with the top on, and it's even better topless.  I might get one of these, someday.  Price will affect my decision, of course.  $60k would be too much.

I’d buy a Raptor any day over that non-functional “thing”.
A convertible Raptor?   

Convertible is a stretch.  Thought we were talking TRUCKS.  Oh wait, the Gladiator doesn’t make the grade there.

It's the same size as most midsize trucks, and with a higher payload. Why, in your opinion, is this midsize truck not really a truck?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That’s what I can’t figure out. Better payload then any other midsize truck, diesel option, removable doors, removable top, solid axles, locking diffs, etc. what’s not to love about it?

Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan
17 JKU - The Other Minivan

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2018, 10:04:45 AM »

It looks awful with the top on, so I agree that top off wouldn’t be any better.  I know it’s subjective, but I’m not a fan.

I like it with the top on, and it's even better topless.  I might get one of these, someday.  Price will affect my decision, of course.  $60k would be too much.

A convertible Raptor?   

Convertible is a stretch.  Thought we were talking TRUCKS.  Oh wait, the Gladiator doesn’t make the grade there.

It's the same size as most midsize trucks, and with a higher payload. Why, in your opinion, is this midsize truck not really a truck?

A convertible Raptor?   

That’s what I can’t figure out. Better payload then any other midsize truck, diesel option, removable doors, removable top, solid axles, locking diffs, etc. what’s not to love about it?

Some people speak from a position of ignorance, so I tend to ignore them.

My only concern is cost, at this point.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2018, 10:08:43 AM »

A convertible Raptor?   

What’s not to love about it?  How about the price tag?  Rubicon diesel I’ll bet will be close to $60k.  Who cares about solid axles on the road? Insanity.  Chevy Colorado, top of the line 4WD short box w/diesel, 7700lbs (50lbs more) towing and 1521 payload (80lb less) - $47k.

It’s a gimmick vehicle but will sell like hot cakes I’m sure.  Just don’t see anyone that cares anything about owning a truck buying one.  From a coolness factor, I’ll stand by my Raptor comment.  At least there is performance there.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #159 on: November 29, 2018, 10:10:25 AM »
Some people speak from a position of ignorance, so I tend to ignore them.

My only concern is cost, at this point.

You would know that more than most.

BTW, I’ll compare my knowledge of vehicles to yours any day Clarke.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:19:42 AM by BigMike »

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #160 on: November 29, 2018, 10:21:39 AM »

A convertible Raptor?   

What’s not to love about it?  How about the price tag?  Rubicon diesel I’ll bet will be close to $60k.  Who cares about solid axles on the road? Insanity.  Chevy Colorado, top of the line 4WD short box w/diesel, 7700lbs (50lbs more) towing and 1521 payload (80lb less) - $47k.

It’s a gimmick vehicle but will sell like hot cakes I’m sure.  Just don’t see anyone that cares anything about owning a truck buying one.  From a coolness factor, I’ll stand by my Raptor comment.  At least there is performance there.

Dodge has solid axles, fords have solid axles.

And the jeep will having factory locking differentials and a removable top. But it's not a real truck because these options will cost more money? Lol

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2018, 10:30:51 AM »

A convertible Raptor?   

Dodge has solid axles, fords have solid axles.

And the jeep will having factory locking differentials and a removable top. But it's not a real truck because these options will cost more money? Lol

So you’ll be the first in line to buy one, right?  After all, what other options are out there for $60k trucks. 

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2018, 10:39:29 AM »
Thought we were talking TRUCKS.  Oh wait, the Gladiator doesn’t make the grade there.

After all, what other options are out there for $60k trucks. 

Wait, so it a truck now? Or still not a truck?

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2018, 10:42:41 AM »
Thought we were talking TRUCKS.  Oh wait, the Gladiator doesn’t make the grade there.

After all, what other options are out there for $60k trucks. 

Wait, so it a truck now? Or still not a truck?

Truck-like thing.  How about Man-Bun-Truck  lmao

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
#Whatever
« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2018, 10:45:49 AM »

A convertible Raptor?   

I guess I don’t get your point. I fail to see how it’s a gimmick. Jeep has had multiple trucks over the years based off existing models. The scrambler was based off the CJ, the J10 was based off the FSJ Waggy, and the Comanche was based off the XJ. Those were all considered cool and still are.

What makes a wrangler based pickup a gimmick and not cool like the others? Because it’s modern and has modern features which will dictate a modern price tag?? Or is it because it’s a modern Jeep and the “Jeep” thing to do seems to be dislike anything new that Jeep makes simply because it’s not 30 years old with a straight 6 and leaf springs?The other vehicles I mentioned had all the features that were popular and modern at their time so again how is this different?

This seems to happen every time Jeep has a new model come out. People say it isn’t cool or isn’t capable because you have a screen you can touch. I didn’t realize that a Jeep had to be old and uncomfortable to be a true/cool/capable Jeep

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:48:26 AM by longarmwj »
Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan
17 JKU - The Other Minivan

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2018, 10:55:31 AM »
I guess I don’t get your point. I fail to see how it’s a gimmick. Jeep has had multiple trucks over the years based off existing models. The scrambler was based off the CJ, the J10 was based off the FSJ Waggy, and the Comanche was based off the XJ. Those were all considered cool and still are.

What makes a wrangler based pickup a gimmick and not cool like the others? Because it’s modern and has modern features which will dictate a modern price tag?? Or is it because it’s a modern Jeep and the “Jeep” thing to do seems to be dislike anything new that Jeep makes simply because it’s not 20 years old with a straight 6 and leaf springs?The other vehicles I mentioned had all the features that were popular and modern at their time so again how is this different?

This seems to happen every time Jeep has a new model come out. People say it isn’t cool or isn’t capable because you have a screen you can touch. I didn’t realize that a Jeep had to be old and uncomfortable to be a true/cool Jeep

CJ8, not a truck.  Comanche, El Caminoish. 

It has nothing to do with it being new, old, etc.  I embrace technology and think the JL is great vehicle.  The JK and now the JL are the most capable out of the box Jeeps ever made. 

Some people actually like the Pontiac Aztec.  To each their own.  Carry on the drooling session with the Gladiator. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:34:34 PM by BigMike »

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2018, 12:21:15 PM »

I tend to agree with all of this...
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2018, 12:32:47 PM »
In the "end" it's all opinions which are like
assholes, everyone has one. In some case's
it seems some stink like shit.
Kevin Pool