BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: #Whatever  (Read 29066 times)

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: #Whatever
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2018, 01:41:27 PM »
I will just wait a few years and buy a used one and then turn it into a woods toy.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
#Whatever
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2018, 05:51:42 PM »
The Gladiator isn’t anywhere near that cool.
I could see you in one with the right hair...

Dodge has solid axles, fords have solid axles.
Only 2500+.  1500s are IFS.  Midsize Ford has been/will be IFS.

I didn’t realize that a Jeep had to be old and uncomfortable to be a true/cool/capable Jeep
Be careful or you'll get the LJ guys angry....

What’s not to love about it?  How about the price tag?  Rubicon diesel I’ll bet will be close to $60k.  Who cares about solid axles on the road? Insanity.  Chevy Colorado, top of the line 4WD short box w/diesel, 7700lbs (50lbs more) towing and 1521 payload (80lb less) - $47k.

It’s a gimmick vehicle but will sell like hot cakes I’m sure.  Just don’t see anyone that cares anything about owning a truck buying one.  From a coolness factor, I’ll stand by my Raptor comment.  At least there is performance there.
I tend to agree with all of this...

I will just wait a few years and buy a used one and then turn it into a woods toy.

I agree with both of the above.  The posts on instagram like "Can't wait to buy this as a tow pig" make me laugh.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:56:25 PM by BigPrince »

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2018, 06:57:19 PM »
@BigPrince I never noticed it until your meme, but the rear door is kinda goofy lol

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2018, 07:46:49 PM »
@BigPrince I never noticed it until your meme, but the rear door is kinda goofy lol

The fast lane did a video on YouTube with one of the designers. He straight up said they used the same door as the JL to make it “modular” (save $$). He definitely got caught like a deer in headlights with that question.

I wouldn’t buy it - but a shit ton of other people will. It has a cool factor and it’ll be good enough for Home Depot runs that guys can convince the wife it’s practical. They’re going to crush sales numbers with this thing
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2018, 07:52:12 PM »
Well, it helps the aftermarket folks with alternate door option cost, but what do I know.

I didn't know the H3T was convertible...man, I must not know anything about vehicles like an old school badass, such as Mike, knows.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2018, 08:25:44 PM »
Well, it helps the aftermarket folks with alternate door option cost, but what do I know.

I didn't know the H3T was convertible...man, I must not know anything about vehicles like an old school badass, such as Mike, knows.

That's an insta.jeepers post, not mine.  I didn't think about it till I saw it also. 

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
#Whatever
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »
You can’t really compare the H3T to the JT. Inline 5 (although a V6 and V8 was optional) leaf sprung rear, IFS front with torsion beams, cheap plastic mid-2000s GM interior....The H3T was hated because it truly was a god awful vehicle in almost every sense lol. The JT is not god awful.

Comparing that to a V6 and V6 turbo diesel, coil sprung, solid front and rear axles, etc doesn’t seem fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 08:30:05 PM by longarmwj »
Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan
17 JKU - The Other Minivan

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2018, 08:32:20 PM »
You can’t really compare the H3T to the JT. Inline 5 (although a V6 and V8 was optional) leaf sprung rear, IFS front with torsion beams, cheap plastic mid-2000s GM interior....The H3T was hated because it truly was a god awful vehicle in almost every sense lol. The JT is not god awful.

Comparing that to a V6 and V6 turbo diesel, coil sprung, solid front and rear axles, etc doesn’t seem fair.

I don't think anyone has a diesel JL so not sure we can call that one a win yet.  Plenty of time for FCA to muck it up.

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2018, 08:34:56 PM »

I don't think anyone has a diesel JL so not sure we can call that one a win yet.
Well it will be using the same 3.0L EcoDiesel/8 Speed combo that the Grand Cherokee has been using for years. And it proved to be a real good combo. Low end torque was amazing and the MPGs were astounding. I sold a couple of them in my time and my customers were talking about 30+ on the highway for MPG figures. It’s a proven combo in the Ram 1500 as well. Dieselgate kind of ruined that run though because the EPA put a stop sell on them so they could “re-certify” them due to the VW/Audi scandal.

Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2018, 08:48:24 PM »

I don't think anyone has a diesel JL so not sure we can call that one a win yet.
Well it will be using the same 3.0L EcoDiesel/8 Speed combo that the Grand Cherokee has been using for years. And it proved to be a real good combo. Low end torque was amazing and the MPGs were astounding. I sold a couple of them in my time and my customers were talking about 30+ on the highway for MPG figures. It’s a proven combo in the Ram 1500 as well. Dieselgate kind of ruined that run though because the EPA put a stop sell on them so they could “re-certify” them due to the VW/Audi scandal.

I also have two friends who’s GC diesel stopped starting due to electrical issues somewhere they could never figure out and another friend who had a lemon law ram 1500 diesel in NC.  He had all kind of issues so, I’ll hold off to see how the JL/JT diesel fares over the first year.  As well, like you said they are still working on emissions and @clark123456 can tell you all about how fun diesel emissions is.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 08:50:16 PM by BigPrince »

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2018, 08:50:26 PM »

I also have two friends who’s GC diesel stopped starting due to electrical issues somewhere they could never figure out and another friend who had a lemon law ram diesel in NC.  He had all kind of issues so, I’ll hold off to see how the JL/JT diesel fares over the first year.  As well, like you said they are still working on emissions and @clark123456 can tell you all about how fun diesel emissions is.
Interesting. I’d be interested to know what the issue with them was, because I’ve never heard of anybody having serious problems with one. The only time I’ve ever seen one in the shop was because the husband bought it for the wife and first fill up she put regular gas in the thing.....

Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2018, 08:51:00 PM »

I also have two friends who’s GC diesel stopped starting due to electrical issues somewhere they could never figure out and another friend who had a lemon law ram 1500 diesel in NC.  He had all kind of issues so, I’ll hold off to see how the JL/JT diesel fares over the first year.  As well, like you said they are still working on emissions and @clark123456 can tell you all about how fun diesel emissions is.
Yeah, I'd probably drop an LS in it, if I were to get one.

I don't see me ever getting one.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM