BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: #Whatever  (Read 25063 times)

Offline jc79

• Visitor
Re: #Whatever
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2018, 03:20:13 PM »
I bought one of these "car jump start battery packs" for my wife's Yukon last January.  I charged it when it came and stuck it in with the jumper cables and stuff. 

This weekend we went skiiing, and I left the keys in the ignition.  By the time we got back to the car the battery was drained.  I could have flagged someone down for a jump, but I remembered we had the battery pack.  I was skeptical that a) it would be charged after sitting literally for 12 months and b) that it would really have the amps needed to turn over the 6.0L LS. 

I attached it to the battery, waited maybe 30 seconds, and the damn thing started on the first try...

The status lights indicated it was probably half charged, so I charged it up the rest of the way on the ride home with the cigarette lighter adapter.  Very impressed with this thing!

https://www.amazon.com/Starter-GOOLOO-18000mAh-Portable-Battery/dp/B0748D8KT6/
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2018, 04:52:27 PM »
I bought one of these "car jump start battery packs" for my wife's Yukon last January.  I charged it when it came and stuck it in with the jumper cables and stuff. 

This weekend we went skiiing, and I left the keys in the ignition.  By the time we got back to the car the battery was drained.  I could have flagged someone down for a jump, but I remembered we had the battery pack.  I was skeptical that a) it would be charged after sitting literally for 12 months and b) that it would really have the amps needed to turn over the 6.0L LS. 

I attached it to the battery, waited maybe 30 seconds, and the damn thing started on the first try...

The status lights indicated it was probably half charged, so I charged it up the rest of the way on the ride home with the cigarette lighter adapter.  Very impressed with this thing!

https://www.amazon.com/Starter-GOOLOO-18000mAh-Portable-Battery/dp/B0748D8KT6/

I don't have that model but do have a jumper box. Has 3 usb chargers in it as well. I take it on trips as my wifes sub went dead one time in the mountains and had to jump it. Worth the money.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2018, 04:59:38 PM »
I have been looking at similar units but I want one that will jump my truck as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2018, 05:09:33 PM »
I have been looking at similar units but I want one that will jump my truck as well

Yeah I was thinking about that, too.  I assume (aka guess) you could get two of these units, one for each battery and it would have enough juice... but doubles the $$.
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2018, 11:24:15 AM »
Here's ya one. $#+$ing idiot tow driver dropped this one after hours last night. Obviously had plenty of room to park it on either side see we could still get in the gate. Tow company owner blamed it on me for not having a drop box for keys, not that it would have helped his driver unload it in the right place. Had to drag it far enough to one side with the Cummins to let folks drive by.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 03:03:02 PM by Doug »
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2018, 12:57:48 PM »
Here's ya one. $#+$ing idiot tow driver dropped this one after hours last night. Obviously had plenty of room to park it on either side see we could still get in the gate. Tow company owner blamed it on me for not having a drop box for keys, not that it would have helped his driver unload it in the right place. Had to drag it far enough to one side with the Cummins to let folks drive by.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Cummins was like, 'pff...whatever'.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 03:03:47 PM by Doug »
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2018, 08:42:33 PM »

I got one of HL from Busted Knuckle. I jumped the Jeep, bus & then charged a dead phone with it.

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2018, 08:28:38 AM »
Jacksonville AL got hit hard tonight with a lot of damage and injuries.  Choccoi might be a mess.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/20/severe-weather-rips-through-alabama-university-takes-aim-at-southeast.html

An off duty Georgia State Trooper was killed in the storm.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2018, 06:30:51 PM »
I have a greater respect for those of you who have to drive thru the ATL everyday. 
That truly does bring the suck.

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2018, 06:13:45 PM »
Wheeling the XJ at my parent's house to help them collect some firewood from some downed trees. Gotta love the 4.0 and AW4 combo.

Bad picture but you get the idea. Real "utility" work...no Starbucks runs here.

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2018, 06:52:52 PM »
Scott's one step closer to "The dark side".

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM