BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: #Whatever  (Read 25158 times)

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
Re: #Whatever
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2018, 09:29:25 PM »
Scott's one step closer to "The dark side".

Oh yea, I'm there. I'm already thinking I should do a mild build on this XJ before I take the Toyota apart so I always have something to wheel. 

Having two trail rigs isn't a bad idea right? Lol....nobody answer that

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2018, 09:36:34 PM »
Scott's one step closer to "The dark side".

Oh yea, I'm there. I'm already thinking I should do a mild build on this XJ before I take the Toyota apart so I always have something to wheel. 

Having two trail rigs isn't a bad idea right? Lol....nobody answer that

If you love 2 money pits and constant maintenance, it's an awesome idea...

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2018, 07:14:20 PM »

If you love 2 money pits and constant maintenance, it's an awesome idea...
  lmao
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 12:22:12 PM by Danny Kinder »
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2018, 06:38:53 PM »
Who wants a tundra?? Oh my.  lmao

https://instagram.com/p/BjfwYaPgyJk/

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2018, 07:49:47 PM »
The amount of controversy those videos create in the forum community is incredible.  I saw a bunch of those discussions when I owned a tundra and participated in the tundra forums, and the same "test" was performed on my version of the Tundra (same results).

The reality is very few people ever go that fast over such an obstacle. 

It may be true that a Ford, Chevy, and Ram wouldn't even cause a stir (picture the old Lexus commercials with the pyramid of champaign glasses), but in reality the Ford would be broken down on the side of the road before it could try such a harsh environment, a Chevy owner wouldn't do that because he'd have to replace the steering immediately afterwards, and a Ram would be in the shop getting a few recalls addressed.

Does Nissan even sell trucks anymore???

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2018, 08:04:29 PM »
The amount of controversy those videos create in the forum community is incredible.  I saw a bunch of those discussions when I owned a tundra and participated in the tundra forums, and the same "test" was performed on my version of the Tundra (same results).

It may be true that a Ford, Chevy, and Ram wouldn't even cause a stir (picture the old Lexus commercials with the pyramid of champaign glasses), but in reality the Ford would be broken down on the side of the road before it could try such a harsh environment, a Chevy owner wouldn't do that because he'd have to replace the steering immediately afterwards, and a Ram would be in the shop getting a few recalls addressed.

Only reason a Chevy owner would have to replace the steering after that test is because he already was going to have to replace it before the test. 

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2018, 09:19:25 PM »

Only reason a Chevy owner would have to replace the steering after that test is because he already was going to have to replace it before the test. 
Correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2018, 09:46:49 PM »
@lt99ls1 so how is that Nissan holding up?

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2018, 08:06:14 AM »
@lt99ls1 so how is that Nissan holding up?
16k miles and nothing but normal tire rotation and fluid changes. I did take the insert out of the fuel fill neck so I can use the big diesel pumps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2018, 12:06:08 PM »
Just replaced the windshield in the Jeep. Old windshield (optic armor lexan) was completely delaminating making what appeared to be white overspray all over the windshield making it very hard to see in sunlight. So called a company to do the mobil replacement. Quoted me $186 to do the job. Got a call the next day from the agent and she told me I would need new trim molding for the job. Told her I just had a the windshield replaced about 2 years ago so no need. She told me they would not do the job unless new molding was used. So I agreed to just get it done at an extra $45 charge. I worked while the guy replaced the window in the warehouse. He came in and had me sign the papers and off he went. I walked back to check it out and the dude did not even use the new molding [wtf] not his fault as he was contracted out. So I called the company to get reimbursed and indeed they are going to, but just goes to show you always need to check the work done on your vehicles. $45 may not seem like a ton to some but it is to me.  [oldskool]
I've grown tired of this.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2018, 03:13:15 PM »
Facebooking instead of actually working today, and saw a pretty cool post about how someone wired up the key switch on their jeep so that it cant be started unless the left turn signal is switched on. That sounds pretty cool

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2018, 03:34:26 PM »
Facebooking instead of actually working today, and saw a pretty cool post about how someone wired up the key switch on their jeep so that it cant be started unless the left turn signal is switched on. That sounds pretty cool
#NASCAR

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM