BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: #Whatever  (Read 25010 times)

Offline flashover101

• Visitor
Re: #Whatever
« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2018, 06:57:21 PM »
Just finished a side project that took about a month to complete. This was a first time for me for taking apart an engine, luckily I didn’t have to put it back together.

It was a Dodge Viper SRT10 engine that my friend blew a rod and shot it through the cylinder wall. I helped him swap it out and I told him it'd be cool to turn his blown one in to a table. Next thing I know he offers the block with everything in it to me for free as long as I can get it out of his garage.

I sold quite a few of the internals on eBay and spent some time cleaning the block.
Found a decent piece of glass at a thrift store and for $72 I've got a pretty sweet coffee table.
Looks Awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike
2014 JK

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #217 on: December 09, 2018, 12:08:14 AM »
Looks like fun to the N and NE

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
« Reply #218 on: December 09, 2018, 12:17:27 AM »
Looks like fun to the N and NE
There is. Very very slick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan
17 JKU - The Other Minivan

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2018, 10:54:45 AM »
Well,
I still try to imagine the short-bed that's in our RAM extended 1500 taken off of the truck &( hypothetically )added to the back of my 4 door JK to get some idea of this thing's size ....

I don't see it being something that is gonna be as great as is being advertised but I may be wrong. Even updated info ,like the following provides,  just makes me ask ,"why?" ...

Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #220 on: December 16, 2018, 11:05:44 AM »
Well,
I still try to imagine the short-bed that's in our RAM extended 1500 taken off of the truck &( hypothetically )added to the back of my 4 door JK to get some idea of this thing's size ....

I don't see it being something that is gonna be as great as is being advertised but I may be wrong. Even updated info ,like the following provides,  just makes me ask ,"why?" ...

the Gladiator is growing on me.  It really does look like a cool vehicle.  I don't see me buying one to put tons and 40's on it to wheel balls but some folks will I'm sure.  I also don't see me buying one to serve as a truck because it can't tow what I need. 

But, it's still a cool vehicle. I bet the sell a ton of them. 

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2018, 08:49:04 AM »
Well,

the Gladiator is growing on me.  It really does look like a cool vehicle.  I don't see me buying one to put tons and 40's on it to wheel balls but some folks will I'm sure.  I also don't see me buying one to serve as a truck because it can't tow what I need. 

But, it's still a cool vehicle. I bet the sell a ton of them.

Agreed on that ; these'll sell like hotcakes. 'gonna see them everywhere you look.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #222 on: January 24, 2019, 03:25:38 PM »
I have always had a distrust of "smart phones". Well, today finally made me realize my fears.

My wife & I were walking around Academy Sports this morning awaiting for a restaurant to open.
I mention Mountain House foods.

We get to the restaurant & my wife checks her phone & on her feed is a ad for Mountain House.

WTF?

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #223 on: January 24, 2019, 03:43:37 PM »
I have always had a distrust of "smart phones". Well, today finally made me realize my fears.

My wife & I were walking around Academy Sports this morning awaiting for a restaurant to open.

We get to the restaurant & my wife checks her phone & on her feed is a ad for Mountain House.

WTF?

Similar has happened to me a couple of times.  I have also had certain video content end up on my YouTube feed after having a discussion with a co-worker.  Coincidence maybe?

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #224 on: January 24, 2019, 03:56:35 PM »
I think not.
I asked my wife if she's ever looked up/Googled MH food. She said no.
I could see if she watched a video featuring the item but...
I'm afraid we all have an Alexis on our phones.

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2019, 03:59:48 PM »

WTF?

You commented on a post of mine recently about welding my dash together and I said I wanted to TIG it. My Facebook was littered with TIG advertisements almost immediately afterward

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2019, 04:21:47 PM »

WTF?

You commented on a post of mine recently about welding my dash together and I said I wanted to TIG it. My Facebook was littered with TIG advertisements almost immediately afterward
That is reasonable...it's one of the ways that FB makes money.

I've experienced Dave's scenario, and it couldn't be coincidence.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2019, 04:26:45 PM »
Been around a long time.  It's in the apps when you grant permission for access to microphone, contacts, GPS, browser,on and on.  Google, FB, all the popular ones.  Pretty annoying. 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM