BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tax break!  (Read 1895 times)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Re: Tax break!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 07:43:08 AM »
I'm currently getting about 136 per pay check more than i did this time last year, .. . generally u have to wait till u hit the SS cap to get boost.     this is also with our insurance costs going up (told that last year we would be paying a bit more on our side).  and im still getting more $ in my check.
And that is purely tax break, no increase in salary?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

yup, we dont get bonus and pay increase till march.
That's freaking awesome!

ya, sad part, is wife handles bill paying and $ so.  cant really sneak this for jeep stuff.   hard being creative finding ways to get cash to pay @Danny Kinder  for all the crap i want.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 07:50:33 AM »
I'm currently getting about 136 per pay check more than i did this time last year, .. . generally u have to wait till u hit the SS cap to get boost.     this is also with our insurance costs going up (told that last year we would be paying a bit more on our side).  and im still getting more $ in my check.

That's freaking awesome!

ya, sad part, is wife handles bill paying and $ so.  cant really sneak this for jeep stuff.   hard being creative finding ways to get cash to pay @Danny Kinder  for all the crap i want.
I have heard stories, fables if you will, of men volunteering to go grocery shopping, even for little things (such as a gallon of milk), at the spur of the moment, and the cash register at the shopping locations rewarding the men with extra cash upon providing a receipt (which is to be disposed of so your great effort is not put in front of your wife's face).  Some men consider it rude to share the cash rewards with their wife, and squirrel it away for other purposes.

Sure, $24.37 for a gallon of milk seems expensive, but quick, gripe-free service apparently doesn't come cheap.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 08:05:47 AM »

That's freaking awesome!

I have heard stories, fables if you will, of men volunteering to go grocery shopping, even for little things (such as a gallon of milk), at the spur of the moment, and the cash register at the shopping locations rewarding the men with extra cash upon providing a receipt (which is to be disposed of so your great effort is not put in front of your wife's face).  Some men consider it rude to share the cash rewards with their wife, and squirrel it away for other purposes.

Sure, $24.37 for a gallon of milk seems expensive, but quick, gripe-free service apparently doesn't come cheap.

Jes, i still do that, but she has, on a few instances wanted me to bring the receipt , .. she has also begun ording food online at walmart and the son picks it up as its over by his work.  grrrrr.   using that, as well as the @Allsouth Autosports  payment plan.  i have been able to afford stuff., but she is getting smarter.   i need more ideas like this to help me afford Hydro assist.  :)
Kent Casey

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 08:06:57 AM »

Young Grasshopper, your first mistake is letting your wife handle the finances...  ;-)
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 08:07:45 AM »
Clarke is right. My wife handles the bills but I always buy the groceries because I'm the cook. I think my time is valuable, so I'm compensated for it.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 08:13:45 AM »

Young Grasshopper, your first mistake is letting your wife handle the finances...  ;-)

well, she is much better at it, i did it for years, and hated it. that was early and well before i knew things I know now!..  she is good at it, she finds ways to pay for stuff i buy and just ask forgivness.   i have to give her credit, we have great credit, dont pay late, and we still have $ for taking nice vacatoins.  so..   ..  but I understand.. 
Kent Casey

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 08:18:09 AM »

well, she is much better at it, i did it for years, and hated it. that was early and well before i knew things I know now!..  she is good at it, she finds ways to pay for stuff i buy and just ask forgivness.   i have to give her credit, we have great credit, dont pay late, and we still have $ for taking nice vacatoins.  so..   ..  but I understand.. 
That's awesome, and I agree it can be a hassle.  All I can say is I am a die-hard fan of Quicken, been using it forever and makes it easy while traveling.

All in good fun...
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2018, 08:57:47 AM »
I am a die-hard fan of Quicken, been using it forever and makes it easy while traveling.

I use it synced with Bank of America and Chase.  Super easy and convenient. Budget out 6 months.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 09:16:32 AM »

Great news for @Allsouth Autosports !!!

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2018, 09:23:50 AM »
I am a die-hard fan of Quicken, been using it forever and makes it easy while traveling.

I use it synced with Bank of America and Chase.  Super easy and convenient. Budget out 6 months.
I use excel, and budget out two years the December before the next year, so it dwindles down to 12 months of projection, eventually. 

I don't link very many things to my bank account. Are there ways to set up the linkage between quicken and the bank to be "read only"?, or does the size of quicken's user base give them special treatment by the banks?

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 09:26:51 AM »
Interesting wording...you're comparing last year to this year (YoY) for the same pay date, but I have to believe your annual raise from 2017 is included in your check for this year.  Nice trickery.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2018, 09:29:35 AM »
I use excel, and budget out two years the December before the next year, so it dwindles down to 12 months of projection, eventually. 

I don't link very many things to my bank account. Are there ways to set up the linkage between quicken and the bank to be "read only"?, or does the size of quicken's user base give them special treatment by the banks?

Quicken has been around so long it is a de facto standard across most financial institutions and just about everyone supports it.  There is a quicken web connect format that is used and you establish a secure web connection with your bank accounts, credit cards, mortgage, etrade, etc.  Anything, each institution may have different requirements for 2-factor authentication, etc.  It just synchronizes the information and allows you to manage and monitor everything in one place.  You can use Quicken bill pay or the service through your bank for online bill pay. 
John
Tube chassis/buggy

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM