BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Queue up the gun debate  (Read 4046 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: Queue up the gun debate
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2018, 01:59:34 PM »

Mental Health is the Core issue.

Many of my liberal friends are great marksmen and women. Not all Liberals think guns are bad.

Ok, mental health.  So is it possible for someone to have perfect mental health today and tomorrow they just snap and commit mass murder? 

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2018, 02:27:40 PM »

Many proponents of these rules openly stated (later on) that the true intent wasn't to deter that activity, but to use as a stepping stone to a total ban on firearms. Luckily, they failed.

I have not heard this. But of course I only read Liberal media. So how could I?
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2018, 02:29:36 PM »

Many of my liberal friends are great marksmen and women. Not all Liberals think guns are bad.

Ok, mental health.  So is it possible for someone to have perfect mental health today and tomorrow they just snap and commit mass murder? 

I guess anything is possible. But I'm not sure it is likely.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2018, 02:35:06 PM »

Mike, I think/hope we can agree there is no stopping it 100%.  What some of us are arguing is the impact and frequency can be reduced.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2018, 02:46:40 PM »

Mike, I think/hope we can agree there is no stopping it 100%.  What some of us are arguing is the impact and frequency can be reduced.

Agree. So how is a mental health issue identified and dealt with to prevent more tragedies like these?  The American Civil Liberties Union will be fighting against authorities forcing people to involuntarily being plucked from society and tested.  I do believe that the authorities completely failed in this latest tragedy and has just cause to bring the kid in for a discussion and maybe further evaluation.  It's a slippery slope though. 

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2018, 02:49:34 PM »
I'm interested in knowing which SSRI (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) this guy was using. The common thread for most of these shooters are mind altering drugs that include warning labels of "psychotic thoughts and suicidal tendencies".

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2018, 03:00:11 PM »
I'm interested in knowing which SSRI (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) this guy was using. The common thread for most of these shooters are mind altering drugs that include warning labels of "psychotic thoughts and suicidal tendencies".

SSRI medications are not only used to treat depression.  They are used to treat migraines, ADHD, and other non-psychotic issues. 

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2018, 03:02:08 PM »
Well , times are changing.   growing up in texas, i had a gun rack in my pick-up.  3030 and 306 both loaded , summers in texas where hot, so windows stayed down.  now we had , delt with bullies and such.  fights still occured. 

however i never once, nor did anyone of my friends think of getting a gun or those i had fist fights with during and after school..  yes, i got into trouble alot and they used a paddle,.. .. anyway.   

we never once thought about getting a gun,.. .or a stick or knife.   two guys fought.  when one stopped, quit, or could not continue..we broke the fight up and made them shake hands, and it was done. god help the guy that tried to sucker punch or hold a grudge. 

maybe it was the time when i grew up, no one even thought about steeling anything from a car, might as well be a liberal..errr .. sorry.  slip there..  but, also back then teachers ruled and if u got in trouble at school, ur ass also got a butt woopen at home, they belived the teachers none of this.. my child is good.  parents where... parents, not kids best buddies. 

i think we have alot of this due to the breakdown of a standard of moral code , now not everyone agreedd but dam. we didnt have snowflakes and shit..  not saying kids fell thru the cracks, but none would have dont that.   

my math teacher actually open carried at our school, he was also the FFA teacher , the biggest issue at our school was catching kids smoking, drinking, dipping snuff, or having sex under the bleachers and such.  reall hard core stuff. i guess. 

its sad when this happens, but a guy can kill 10+ ppl renting a truck and going to town as kids exit school.  so to say. .its guns , ur not going to stop this , just already to many in this country, plus, as has been stated.  bad guys, crazy guys .. if they want it, they will get it, then find a "gun free zone" and know 100% everyone is an easy target.  me.  i dont want to be eazy, im going out shooting, spitting, punching.   the media uses this as well as others to push an agenda.   

Im kind of pissed the FBI seems to have dropped the ball here. .  who knows if we will ever find out.  the dam vegas shooting is still not 100% they screwed that up and i bet theres some coverup going on in that whole cluster....    sad kids lost lives.  but didnt a guy kill a bunch of elementry kids with a dam hammer.  dont see the press trying to ban hammers.. geshhh.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 03:03:27 PM by kent10sne1 »
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2018, 03:17:20 PM »

SSRI medications are not only used to treat depression.  They are used to treat migraines, ADHD, and other non-psychotic issues. 

Correct, but in the cases where these shooters have been prescribed, it's not for migraines. For a very small percentage of users, the side effects are intense. I think both the church shooter and the movie theater guy said they started hearing voices.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2018, 04:03:19 PM »
You guys keep saying the anti-gun folks have an agenda, and I generally agree...the agenda is to reduce gun related deaths.  Flawed or not, it's an agenda.

Do you think there is some other agenda?  If so, what is it?

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2018, 04:19:50 PM »
The Left's agenda has nothing to do with reducing gun related deaths, it is to eliminate the second amendment and confiscate all firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2018, 04:55:59 PM »
The Left's agenda has nothing to do with reducing gun related deaths, it is to eliminate the second amendment and confiscate all firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For what purpose?  What is the ultimate goal?

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM