BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: CFR 18' - AOP : PICS, VIDEOS, STORIES, LIES.... CARNAGE  (Read 5259 times)

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
Re: CFR 18' - AOP : PICS, VIDEOS, STORIES, LIES.... CARNAGE
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2018, 10:26:00 PM »
Snapped the cardan on my new Front Drive shaft. Not sure how it happened, Danny said he sees this once every 2 or 3 years. Didn’t hit anything. Danny said Carolina Driveline should warranty it. Only has 2,110 miles on it and 2 trips to AOP.
Huge thankyou to Marc, and Ben, for removing my driveshaft and to Chris, and Mike for helping me out. GATR Pit crew...FTW. 
The drive home was great. All my vibration issues were gone. Drove great. (I had a bad vibration anytime I went over 70.)

Friday night chili was a success. Everyone enjoyed chili and fixin’s, and Jason’s Brownies. Thanks everyone.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2018, 10:34:29 PM »
Got the jeep home and rear axle pulled out. It’s a little worse than I thought. I already have a full width truss ordered and a bunch of shock mounts and tabs just in case. I will cut this one off this week and should have the other one ready to weld next weekend. I think I got lucky on my coilovers and nothing looks bent. Going to remove the bastard brake caliper guards that caused this whole issue and just keep and extra of calipers with me from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Save me that truss... I'll repurpose it for my next axle set

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 12:11:57 AM »
Great event for an even better cuase.

Nicked a valve stim and didn't know until I washed it today. Glad I had no issues as I don't have a spare yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
CFR 18' - AOP : PICS, VIDEOS, STORIES, LIES.... CARNAGE
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 06:23:17 AM »
No real carnage to speak of.   shake down test for my new Hydro assist.  works great, its def. something that is very helpful if you have 37's , no binding on turning while locked and makes wheeling less of a struggle.  very happy with the hydro assist.   

I did have a linkage break as i was completing garbage detail , trying to put my rig into 2WD the rear link broke/came un done and my 4x4 shifter that lets me put my rear into 2WD and 4WD broke off.   seems the bolt came out, got it off and the bolk is fine, but could not get it back in.  Todd and Eric and Clark where assisting, seems the threads where to bolt goes into the linkage seems to be flattned off or something, hard to see with a camera, but i need to take it to @Allsouth Autosports  and let @Danny Kinder  guys take a look and fix it.  im hoping it a quick fix and then reassemble.   besides that was a great weekend.  Rig did well on the tails. the few i was able to do with Ben and Me on Garbage duty most of the time. ;).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 06:25:48 AM by kent10sne1 »
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 09:38:28 AM »
What's the story with the tree on Clark's rig?  Him being on his side isn't worth a pic, but the tree makes it interesting.   //phantomskull//
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 09:52:54 AM »
What's the story with the tree on Clark's rig?  Him being on his side isn't worth a pic, but the tree makes it interesting.   //phantomskull//

The only way for me to get him was to use a snatch block off that tree. Guess the roots weren't that great, and after it fell a bouncer yanked the tree up the mountain while we added a second winch from the other side and I used the snatch block again from another tree

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 09:53:19 AM »
No carnage for me. Great event and had a blast all weekend. I am beat though. Glad to be sitting at my desk for once.
I've grown tired of this.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 09:58:03 AM »
I had a great 2 half-days of wheeling, but Saturday's night ride was more eventful than planned. Crawled to the top of 47, but on the last obstacle my recently-replaced inner shaft had an ear explode. Wheels were straight, and I wasn't bound up. Really just confused as to why it happened...

Took out both shafts, knuckle, and brake caliper bracket. A have a spare front axle, but I really need to get the cromos warrantied since I know my stock shaft spare aren't up to the task

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2018, 09:59:41 AM »
That is one heck of a break! Wonder if something got wedged in there somehow and created more damage?
I've grown tired of this.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2018, 10:03:46 AM »
Ya , I agree with @Krawler00  that looks like someone just beat the liven shit out of it , .. agree if ur wheels where not bound, i bet something had to have been wedged in to cause that.  Yikes.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2018, 10:23:09 AM »
Ya , I agree with @Krawler00  that looks like someone just beat the liven shit out of it , .. agree if ur wheels where not bound, i bet something had to have been wedged in to cause that.  Yikes.

I'm pretty sure it was the ujoint that wedged after it fell out

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2018, 11:31:47 AM »
Turns out that @patman is an asshole lol. I thought Clark’s ass was burnt up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:33:40 AM by Danny Kinder »
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD