BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Need advice on choosing 4dr Jeep model  (Read 3235 times)

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
Need advice on choosing 4dr Jeep model
« on: April 01, 2018, 11:18:06 AM »
Hey guys, I’m not sure on what model to get as in X,unlimited x, rubicon or Sahara? Of course their is a price difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zack

Offline jc79

• Visitor
Re: Need advice on choosing 4dr Jeep model
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 12:29:35 PM »
All depends on what the end goal is and how you plan to get there. Rubicon is worth it for the parts it includes... if you plan on 37’s and will wheel it on more than dirt roads.

If the plan is to use it for daily driver and some leaf looker trails... Rubicon isn’t needed.

If the plan is to put tons and 40’s there’s no need to buy Rubicon just to take the axles out from underneath it.

The hard part is knowing for sure how you’ll eventually use it and the timeline ($$$).

I’d say that Rubi makes sense in almost every case for someone that has plans to wheel it — and that doesn’t have immediate plans to go 40’s.

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 01:03:14 PM »
All depends on what the end goal is and how you plan to get there. Rubicon is worth it for the parts it includes... if you plan on 37’s and will wheel it on more than dirt roads.

If the plan is to use it for daily driver and some leaf looker trails... Rubicon isn’t needed.

If the plan is to put tons and 40’s there’s no need to buy Rubicon just to take the axles out from underneath it.

The hard part is knowing for sure how you’ll eventually use it and the timeline ($$$).

I’d say that Rubi makes sense in almost every case for someone that has plans to wheel it — and that doesn’t have immediate plans to go 40’s.

I thought Dana 44 were in all the ones I mentioned? I knew 2 dr had different from just the Rubicon. My x had 35. So the jk model axles all suck for medium trails? I had to put in HP in front and Dana 44 axle in my old 2005 Jeep x.

Zack

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 01:04:36 PM »
I’m not new and most of the  guys know I wheel hard lol.

Zack

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 01:17:07 PM »
Advise.  dont get a 4d.  a 2d is so much better and the cool kids dont drive a 4d.   just say'en.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 01:27:14 PM »

I thought Dana 44 were in all the ones I mentioned? I knew 2 dr had different from just the Rubicon. My x had 35. So the jk model axles all suck for medium trails? I had to put in HP in front and Dana 44 axle in my old 2005 Jeep x.

Not sure what the new JL's are doing but, only the Rubicon gets the D44 in the front. Everything else comes with the old D30.

I like what Jared stated, it all depends on your future plans.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 02:09:08 PM »
While I’m traveling more for work and want to camp and hit trails like I did in the past. Need the more room to sometimes sleep in the back lol. Rubicon it is if not a unlimited x is next in line thanks guys

Zack

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 02:29:27 PM »
Dana 30 is fine for 35" tires. The JKs have beefier axles than the older model jeeps

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 03:03:20 PM »
Rubi gets the front 44 and the better transfer case.

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 03:08:28 PM »
Dana 30 is fine for 35" tires. The JKs have beefier axles than the older model jeeps
So I’m ok with a x if rubicon is no go. I figured since jk axles are bulked up from wat I seen on trails and word of mouth. Wats this unlimited crap all about ?

Zack

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 03:20:00 PM »
So I’m ok with a x if rubicon is no go. I figured since jk axles are bulked up from wat I seen on trails and word of mouth. Wats this unlimited crap all about ?

Unlimited = 4 door

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 03:21:30 PM »

Unlimited = 4 door
Okay, just use to seeing 2 drs and through me off. Thank you all for the info and advice

Zack

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM