BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND: May 18, 2018 - May 19, 2018

Author Topic: MAY 18-20 : MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - DISCUSSION ONLY  (Read 11313 times)

Offline dyestory

• Visitor
Re: MAY 18-20 : MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - DISCUSSION ONLY
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2018, 08:00:51 PM »
As this is all new to me, I have a few questions. I just read the rules and understand that the rides are done in groups. Which level of trail will you all e riding? I’ve only had my Jeep a year and the most I’ve done is ride on the beach. I’m interested in coming to see what it’s all about and drive on the novice trails. Will I do that in a group or are those trails safe to go solo? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good questions.  We never let anyone go alone on any trail. We usually break up into different group levels and each group will have at least 2 rigs, so you will have others in your group. Come on out and check it out.
Would I need to get a CB for the easier level rides?

A CB is a good idea to be able to communicate with the group. There are some handheld CB options that would work fine for this kind of ride.
Great! Ok, one more question — I have a few things I need to fix, but may not have it all completed by that weekend. If I’m not able to actually ride the trail, can I still come out and watch?

I appreciate all the info and how welcoming everyone has been. I’m really excited about driving my Jeep in the woods!

Offline flashover101

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2018, 08:25:45 PM »
As this is all new to me, I have a few questions. I just read the rules and understand that the rides are done in groups. Which level of trail will you all e riding? I’ve only had my Jeep a year and the most I’ve done is ride on the beach. I’m interested in coming to see what it’s all about and drive on the novice trails. Will I do that in a group or are those trails safe to go solo? Thanks!!

Good questions.  We never let anyone go alone on any trail. We usually break up into different group levels and each group will have at least 2 rigs, so you will have others in your group. Come on out and check it out.

A CB is a good idea to be able to communicate with the group. There are some handheld CB options that would work fine for this kind of ride.
Great! Ok, one more question — I have a few things I need to fix, but may not have it all completed by that weekend. If I’m not able to actually ride the trail, can I still come out and watch?

I appreciate all the info and how welcoming everyone has been. I’m really excited about driving my Jeep in the woods!

We usually have plenty of open seats. Look forward to seeing you at Morris!

Mike
2014 JK

Offline dyestory

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2018, 08:57:55 PM »

Cool, cool! Thanks again for the info!

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2018, 09:14:45 PM »

This park is perfect for your situation. Virtually every trail here has a "bypass" in order for you to avoid the larger obstacles, yet still be right there with everyone to watch all of the action up close.

CB is definitely a good idea, helps with communication with the group and always funny to listen to the "friendly" banter......

This park was my second ride with the group, I was still completely stock but was able to ride along, avoid the obstacles I didn't feel comfortable attempting, but never felt left out. Come on out. You'll have a blast. And no worries if you can't get it all fixed by then, there's bound to be a free seat somewhere. If I'm not full, you're welcome to ride along with me. But don't let that deter you from trying to get it all done. It's always more fun in the drivers seat.

//cheers//

Offline dyestory

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2018, 09:22:03 PM »

This park is perfect for your situation. Virtually every trail here has a "bypass" in order for you to avoid the larger obstacles, yet still be right there with everyone to watch all of the action up close.

CB is definitely a good idea, helps with communication with the group and always funny to listen to the "friendly" banter......

This park was my second ride with the group, I was still completely stock but was able to ride along, avoid the obstacles I didn't feel comfortable attempting, but never felt left out. Come on out. You'll have a blast. And no worries if you can't get it all fixed by then, there's bound to be a free seat somewhere. If I'm not full, you're welcome to ride along with me. But don't let that deter you from trying to get it all done. It's always more fun in the drivers seat.

//cheers//

This is so great! So looking forward to meeting and seeing what all y’all do!

Offline dyestory

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2018, 09:23:05 PM »

Thanks!

Offline dyestory

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2018, 09:25:20 PM »

My husband said he knows a place to get one cheap. I’m looking forward to this!

Offline dyestory

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2018, 09:28:17 PM »

Looking forward to it! Y’all are great!

Offline dyestory

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2018, 09:28:50 PM »
Updated @cosimpson & @dyestory & welcome btw
Thanks!!

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2018, 11:21:32 PM »
I got dibs on the middle of the "mudpits" ( ?!) fr pitching my tent upon ; cause you can bet yer sweet *** I won't be drivin in any of that stuff if I can help it...'mudpits'

( (edit : this was kinda makin fun of the fact that when I looked at the trailmap ystrdy I noticed there were actually “ mud pits” by the camping +I’m not real fond of mud )
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 08:15:04 AM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2018, 08:11:37 AM »
MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND

OPEN RIDE - EVERYONE'S INVITED

MAY 18-20

CHECK IN ONLY

Discussion here : http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,17459.msg324900.html#msg324900
Super green newbie here— looking forward to checking out the park.

Welcome . It’s nice to have you aboard & coming on the ride. You couldn’t be going w a better group of people & crawling enthusiasts. It will be a great time!
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2018, 12:33:51 PM »
I got dibs on the middle of the "mudpits" ( ?!) fr pitching my tent upon ; cause you can bet yer sweet *** I won't be drivin in any of that stuff if I can help it...'mudpits'

( (edit : this was kinda makin fun of the fact that when I looked at the trailmap ystrdy I noticed there were actually “ mud pits” by the camping +I’m not real fond of mud )

your on big enough tire's, the mud's not that deep, we have had stockers with street tires out here and not had problems, when aired down of course.   //::)//
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM