BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND: May 18, 2018 - May 19, 2018

Author Topic: MAY 18-20 : MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - DISCUSSION ONLY  (Read 11317 times)

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
Re: MAY 18-20 : MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - DISCUSSION ONLY
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2018, 08:41:24 AM »
Still holding out for  If busted knuckles rock is anything like our family property in Huntsville,

Wait you have your own private wheeling trails!?

Talk about holding out.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2018, 09:05:32 AM »
Can a forecast be more annoying and maybe/maybe-not?

This shows why meteorologists have the easiest job in the world...

I can’t determine wtf to do.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2018, 10:32:22 AM »
 Might be worth a call to the Hotel or someone in Anniston. My co worker says they did not have any rain at all in Breman. The last several days.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2018, 12:00:30 PM »
I just called the Hilton Garden in Anniston just now. The girls says it really hasn't rained much this week ( spotty) , it is not raining at this very moment but it calls for about 60% this afternoon . She said everyone is anticipating the 70-80% thundershowers for Friday afternoon/evening to be the big rains but, as-we-can-tell, everything can change at drop-of-a-dime in that part of Alabama.

so, did not help much,lol //::)//
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2018, 12:25:54 PM »
Still holding out for  If busted knuckles rock is anything like our family property in Huntsville,

Talk about holding out.
Lol, I wish. My grandfather was a rescue firefighter with the national forestry service for a long time and is a pretty hardcore land conservationist. For example, he's donated a few hundred acres in the middle of our property to a land conservation group in Alabama in order to preserve battle ground from the civil war and a plantation that was previously on the property. It took us many years just for him to agree to letting us use atv's on the property. I haven't even breached the subject of letting me hit it in the jeep. I'm going to assume that would be a non starter with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2018, 12:55:30 PM »

Talk about holding out.
Lol, I wish. My grandfather was a rescue firefighter with the national forestry service for a long time and is a pretty hardcore land conservationist. For example, he's donated a few hundred acres in the middle of our property to a land conservation group in Alabama in order to preserve battle ground from the civil war and a plantation that was previously on the property. It took us many years just for him to agree to letting us use atv's on the property. I haven't even breached the subject of letting me hit it in the jeep. I'm going to assume that would be a non starter with him.

Tell him we will just stick to the trails out side the no go zone.....can we ply him with moonshine and scantily clad women's?
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2018, 12:59:11 PM »
Raindar view right now.  Delta circled in green. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2018, 01:33:54 PM »
I am personally calling it. The red clay won't dry out for a few days after it rains. Chocco may be a better option. It dries a little better and there isn't as much red clay. I am out though.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2018, 01:56:42 PM »
I was gonna suggest Wooly's but it isn't a better idea,being (a) it's 2 hrs further for y'all & (b) Moorseville,Tn isn't any better after rain which they've had already and is on the way.
What @clark123456 points out isn't even the heavy stuff yet in Delta...

blue circle is Morris Mtn.
blue square Wooly's

blue mood = Jeffery
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2018, 01:57:55 PM »
I was gonna suggest Wooly's but it isn't a better idea,being (a) it's 2 hrs further for y'all & (b) Moorseville,Tn isn't any better after rain which they've had already and is on the way.
What @clark123456 points out isn't even the heavy stuff yet in Delta...

blue circle is Morris Mtn.
blue square Wooly's

blue mood = Jeffery

Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2018, 02:36:03 PM »

Talk about holding out.

Tell him we will just stick to the trails out side the no go zone.....can we ply him with moonshine and scantily clad women's?
I like the way your thinking, but he's one of the old school gentlemen we need more of in our country. Doesn't drink. Been married to my grandmother for 62 years. Doesn't talk much, but when he does it's usually pretty impactful. I'm going to guess there's no hope for a wheeling spot on our property. I would be ashamed of myself if I ever went against his wishes.

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2018, 03:25:40 PM »
Dammit, as of right now I am off work until 8 am Monday morning, with no place to go!  This just pisses me off!
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM