BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Trailer park near our subdivision  (Read 2350 times)

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
Re: Trailer park near our subdivision
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 10:31:23 AM »
I don't have anything real helpful other than to say what Tony mentioned is the approach folks took in Smyrna where a developer wanted to squeeze in a couple extra houses than the land was zoned for.  I believe it is the right approach even though in the Smyrna case, the developer finally got his way. 

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 10:42:53 AM »
I will add that one of my neighbors called and spoke with the property owner yesterday and he said that since he had been met with such resistance that he would do his best to make it as bad as he possibly could and put as many trailers on the property as the county regulations would allow. Hes being vindictive at this point.

are they doing any grading, septic, power lines, anything that could be reported for OSHA or environmental agencies to come and at least hassle the shit out of him about?
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 10:48:10 AM »
Bunch of jerks. Thanks to @tcdawg  Oh and @patman  im pretty sure you couldn't afford one of these trailers but your jeep would fit right in with the other vehicles.

LMAO

I will add that one of my neighbors called and spoke with the property owner yesterday and he said that since he had been met with such resistance that he would do his best to make it as bad as he possibly could and put as many trailers on the property as the county regulations would allow. Hes being vindictive at this point.

How bad can it be?

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 10:51:00 AM »
Homes are permitted and it does not differentiate between manufactured homes and stick built homes.
https://library.municode.com/ga/gilmer_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=SP2LADEOR_CH62AD_ARTIILAUSOR_DIV13TAPEUS_S62-221TAPEUS

I would be prepared to file an appeal to the Board of Land Use Appeals.

https://library.municode.com/ga/gilmer_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=SP2LADEOR_CH62AD_ARTIILAUSOR_DIV14BOLAUSAP

I learned about Mini codes when fighting the developers that clear cut the 4 acres behind my house. The townhomes that are being erected now are better than the aparments that were originally planned.
It took several developers before this happened though, so if you and your neighbors can be enough of a  pain in their ass. They may move on.

It will take some leg work. I would also call your county representative and let them know that their voters are not happy about this and see if you can get them on your side...they may only be seeing new taxes though.

You may be able to steer this so that its a nice community rather than some chicken shack ramshackle.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 10:51:33 AM »

He really said that? What a douche

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 10:51:49 AM »
In all seriousness, how many of your neighbors are will to spend some money to stop the guy?  If 20 households put up $5k, you could probably make it not worth his time and too expensive to keep fighting.  Remember the golden rule.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:53:08 AM by BigMike »

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 10:58:11 AM »
@patman  im pretty sure you couldn't afford one of these trailers but your jeep would fit right in with the other vehicles.

You may be giving your new neighbors too much credit. Which, ironically, they probably dont have too much of

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Trailer park near our subdivision
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 11:33:32 AM »
That sucks. A least you drive a Cummins.  When they roll in a new house you can tow it off that night. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:36:10 AM by cru9 »
Bobby

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 11:35:38 AM »
That sucks. A least you drive a Cummins.  When they roll in new house in you can tow it off that night. 

//LMAO//
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 11:40:02 AM »
I thought @cru9 lived across the steeet from @Anvilsam?

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 11:40:58 AM »
I thought @cru9 lived across the steeet from @Anvilsam?
Nope.  I live on the north side of town.

Bobby

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 11:44:19 AM »
Homes are permitted and it does not differentiate between manufactured homes and stick built homes.
https://library.municode.com/ga/gilmer_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=SP2LADEOR_CH62AD_ARTIILAUSOR_DIV13TAPEUS_S62-221TAPEUS

I would be prepared to file an appeal to the Board of Land Use Appeals.

https://library.municode.com/ga/gilmer_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=SP2LADEOR_CH62AD_ARTIILAUSOR_DIV14BOLAUSAP

I learned about Mini codes when fighting the developers that clear cut the 4 acres behind my house. The townhomes that are being erected now are better than the aparments that were originally planned.
It took several developers before this happened though, so if you and your neighbors can be enough of a  pain in their ass. They may move on.

It will take some leg work. I would also call your county representative and let them know that their voters are not happy about this and see if you can get them on your side...they may only be seeing new taxes though.

You may be able to steer this so that its a nice community rather than some chicken shack ramshackle.

very good info here.

thanks

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM