BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Trailer park near our subdivision  (Read 2348 times)

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
Re: Trailer park near our subdivision
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2018, 04:53:47 PM »
How large is the property?

Just a little less than 6 acres.

I don’t mean any offense but is property still that expensive that far up there?  You guys aren’t exactly on 285 and the farther out you get the cheaper it’s supposed to get(barring the mountains/resorts which I didn’t think you were far enough up for also). Dang.

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2018, 05:08:04 PM »

I don’t mean any offense but is property still that expensive that far up there?  You guys aren’t exactly on 285 and the farther out you get the cheaper it’s supposed to get(barring the mountains/resorts which I didn’t think you were far enough up for also). Dang.
F no it’s not. Acreage like that should be around 8,000 to 10,000 an acre. This prick is just trying to make a pile of money by scaring someone into purchasing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2018, 05:16:07 PM »

F no it’s not. Acreage like that should be around 8,000 to 10,000 an acre. This prick is just trying to make a pile of money by scaring someone into purchasing it.

That makes more sense.  My uneducated guess was 5-8k cleared but I’m always looking for bottom deals. $25k/ac is insane.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:16:57 PM by BigPrince »

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2018, 05:39:14 PM »

That makes more sense.  My uneducated guess was 5-8k cleared but I’m always looking for bottom deals. $25k/ac is insane.
Higher end stuff up here with 360 degree views can get stupid expensive but this is low lying property on the side of a state highway

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2018, 06:18:20 PM »

Higher end stuff up here with 360 degree views can get stupid expensive but this is low lying property on the side of a state highway

Low lying property....if it has any streams on it or areas considered wetlands he would need a federal permit for any impacts, plus pay for the mitigation.  If he has cleared the site and pulled strumps out in any areas that are considered "wetlands" he could already have a violation. The definition of wetland under the Clean Water Act includes more than what you typically think of (like south and coastal GA). Wetland impacts in North GA are very common.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2018, 06:44:27 PM »
Good point Scott.  Sam does anybody know if he pulled a permit for clearing the trees he has already taken down. Would be pretty cool if y’all could spin the table and he started getting fined for work he did illegally.

Bobby

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2018, 08:51:41 AM »
Good point Scott.  Sam does anybody know if he pulled a permit for clearing the trees he has already taken down. Would be pretty cool if y’all could spin the table and he started getting fined for work he did illegally.

Site should already have a silt fence up around the entire area and have a gravel entrance --according NPDES Erosion Control ( I still have my certification)

If its not up Report it, it will cost him and he will have to put that in prior to continuing his work. Erosion control is important.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2018, 09:05:08 AM »
We learned some more information last night. First off the subdivision just past us has retained an attorney and he will speak for us today so thats a plus. Secondly the power company came out tuesday to start putting in 10 light poles. Keep in mind the property hasn't even been rezoned and you have to have a permit in order to put up the light poles. He had lied to them and said all the proper permits had been pulled. My neighbor questioned the power company and they left. She then called the chief inspector to find out about these permits and he confirmed that there were none and by saying that the county had already issued them that the land owner had pretty much said the county had broken the law by issuing them. Lets just say things are looking up and the deck is stacking against him more and more.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2018, 09:32:05 AM »
We learned some more information last night. First off the subdivision just past us has retained an attorney and he will speak for us today so thats a plus. Secondly the power company came out tuesday to start putting in 10 light poles. Keep in mind the property hasn't even been rezoned and you have to have a permit in order to put up the light poles. He had lied to them and said all the proper permits had been pulled. My neighbor questioned the power company and they left. She then called the chief inspector to find out about these permits and he confirmed that there were none and by saying that the county had already issued them that the land owner had pretty much said the county had broken the law by issuing them. Lets just say things are looking up and the deck is stacking against him more and more.

Keep us posted, love to see jerks like this get some payback.  sorry ur having to deal with it.  no one wants property values to drop cause some idiot wants to make a quick buck. . 
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2018, 01:11:01 PM »
The jackwagon is not worth going to jail over. Every time I see this thread I think about the show on Netflix called "Trailer Park Boys."
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2018, 01:44:14 PM »
The jackwagon is not worth going to jail over. Every time I see this thread I think about the show on Netflix called "Trailer Park Boys."

Great Fn' show!!!

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2018, 02:30:51 PM »

Seriously, no offense, I just priced out 6 acres in Oconee county for half of that. I need to buy some property up there to flip in a few years.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM