BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JUNE 8-10TH - HAWK PRIDE MOUNTAIN : DISCUSSION  (Read 7170 times)

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: JUNE 8-10TH - HAWK PRIDE MOUNTAIN : DISCUSSION
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 09:50:23 AM »
Damnit!!! I wish I could make this ride. My sister is getting married that weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yea, that sucks.  its a new park for me, so im looking foward to new trials ...  like Jimbo said.  we can always setup a non-scheduled trip to this park , not like the only time u can wheel is when the club wheels.
Yea, we might have to do that. Maybe I'll use this time of not wheeling to work on a locking solution for my front axle..........

The money saved by not going pays for an auto-locker...

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 09:56:15 AM »
Damnit!!! I wish I could make this ride. My sister is getting married that weekend.

yea, that sucks.  its a new park for me, so im looking foward to new trials ...  like Jimbo said.  we can always setup a non-scheduled trip to this park , not like the only time u can wheel is when the club wheels.
I'll use this time of not wheeling to work on a locking solution for my front axle..........

Tell her you will enjoy your wheeling trips more if you truss and lock the front axle.....then lock the front and rear.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 10:07:37 AM »

Dude, you seriously need to look at the Ride Calendar and orient your family to it.

....Oh and don't forget, friends are the family you get to choose. So by not riding your still letting down family....sort of.

Lemme know when you have a weekend free and we'll schedule a day trip or somethin'... if your wife will let you go.
I mean, I went to her first wedding....... is this one really that important ?

OMG. . this is 2nd.  blah...  send a card or txt.  anything past the 1st is .  no attendance necessary unless ur getting free logging/food/drink.  imo.  but thats me and ...  i got no friends and my siblings dont like me..  well.  most ppl dont like me..  blah..  i would send ur wife as your proxy.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 10:08:39 AM »

Yea, we might have to do that. Maybe I'll use this time of not wheeling to work on a locking solution for my front axle..........

The money saved by not going pays for an auto-locker...
This is a great reason.  dang!  nice Pat.  see we r looking out for u.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 10:46:33 AM »
Last minute for me if I go; weather and schedule conflicts have jinxed me lately.  I'd probably go via I20 if towing; 5 hours each way.  Hotel in Florence for Fri-Sat.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 11:59:06 AM »
Damn, I really want to check this place out. 

I have to be in Nashville June 4 - 7 for sales training.  The location in Brentwood where we will be doing the training is a really congested office park setting and I won't have anyplace to park my chit.  Hmmm...if I can find a secure place to park my truck and trailer for the week maybe I drive my crap to Nashville on Monday and then haul to Hawk Pride on Fri morning...  Research underway.  Need to check with my local colleagues to see options. 
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 12:00:17 PM »

I have to be in Nashville June 4 - 7 for sales training.  The location in Brentwood where we will be doing the training is a really congested office park setting and I won't have anyplace to park my chit.  Hmmm...if I can find a secure place to park my truck and trailer for the week maybe I drive my crap to Nashville on Monday and then haul to Hawk Pride on Fri morning...  Research underway.  Need to check with my local colleagues to see options. 

Excellent plan

I bet you could a local 4x4 shop willing to lend a hand if nothing else
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 12:02:09 PM by patman »

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2018, 12:04:01 PM »

If you had a longer trailer I am sure someone could be convinced to haul both Jeeps over there and solve your problem.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2018, 02:41:56 PM »
It looks like I may be able to pull this off.  I called 9 storage locations in and around the area and found a CubeSmart in Murfreesboro, TN (I can go visit WOD while I'm there) with a 40ft outside parking spot.  All gated and secure.  The shortest time period they will rent for is 1 month.  But they are running a special for the first month, which is half off and then another promo means I can pay $73.05 for a secure parking location that is right off 24 on my way to Brentwood.  I confirmed that there are no hidden fees or issues to cancel on that Friday when I leave.  I can drop the trailer/jeep there on Monday and pick it up Fri morning to head to the park.  By driving to/from the meeting I will get about $285 in mileage reimbursement and even with a net of roughly $211 I think I will more than pay for my fuel expense for most of the entire trip.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2018, 03:28:38 PM »
It looks like I may be able to pull this off.  I called 9 storage locations in and around the area and found a CubeSmart in Murfreesboro, TN (I can go visit WOD while I'm there) with a 40ft outside parking spot.  All gated and secure.  The shortest time period they will rent for is 1 month.  But they are running a special for the first month, which is half off and then another promo means I can pay $73.05 for a secure parking location that is right off 24 on my way to Brentwood.  I confirmed that there are no hidden fees or issues to cancel on that Friday when I leave.  I can drop the trailer/jeep there on Monday and pick it up Fri morning to head to the park.  By driving to/from the meeting I will get about $285 in mileage reimbursement and even with a net of roughly $211 I think I will more than pay for my fuel expense for most of the entire trip.
awesome!  And a  lot cheaper than buying a double trailer.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2018, 04:11:26 PM »

That's almost like getting paid to go Wheeling....are you turning Pro-Core?
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2018, 05:55:14 PM »

I can ask my buddy out Off River Road in Cheatham Co if you can park the rig / trailer at his farm . I wouldn’t suggest it if it wasn’t a place I’d leave mine . He is super trustworthy and the farm is secured and approx 20 min from what sounds like one of those god forsaken Brentwood office parks I know all too well. You could straight-shot from there North  on old hickory to reach his place. I’m halfway between the two in Pegram ( I used to work in Cool Springs / Brentwood / Franklin area & grew up around there...)
let me know and I’ll be glad to ask him & put you in touch.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 05:56:21 PM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM