BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JUNE 8-10TH - HAWK PRIDE MOUNTAIN : DISCUSSION  (Read 7186 times)

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: JUNE 8-10TH - HAWK PRIDE MOUNTAIN : DISCUSSION
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2018, 06:35:21 PM »
True. It has once but not too bad.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2018, 07:09:51 AM »
I had a great time, attempted to lead one of the groups but not knowing the exact trails made it difficult to know exactly how the trails where going to run.  went thru a few that where a bit like a forest ride, several had good rocks, but very narrow and a bit over grown, besides that , many of the trials where pretty fun.  some of the blues had sections that where more like service roads but then would change to nice river runs. 

camping, besides hot was nice, plenty of shade, trees, bathrooms and showers where top notch, free air...  they have a spray wash but it takes tokens $1 for 4 min.  good place to wash off mud or dirt on your way out.    they sold ice at the main checkin place which is nice, u dont have to run to town to get ice.  plenty of open parking for guys with towpigs to unload.   

Over all, its a nice park and i would return again.  the drive is long but not hard.  20 to bham, 65 up north.  pretty easy imo.   it is not my top park but its above average maybe one of my top 5.    I felt it was worth the drive.. imo.

Also want to note i had the cargo track app thing installed on my phone, which was great , helped alot at this park.  i really like that app made staying on the right trail very easy.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 07:20:45 AM by kent10sne1 »
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2018, 07:36:13 AM »
John was our loader most of the time...thanks for doing that, John...you did a great job.  @jd30005

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2018, 07:56:08 AM »
John was our loader most of the time...thanks for doing that, John...you did a great job.  @jd30005

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Agreed. Excellent job

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2018, 07:57:12 AM »
I've always heard its a side x side park.

Sounds like there arent enough difficult top level trails and rocks to make that haul when you could be at AOP HALE GOLDEN or WINDROCK. Not as far as Harlan from the NE side of town but not much less.

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2018, 02:10:56 PM »
I concur w @kent10sne1 about the park. No, it has it's fair share of decent rock but it's tough to get there until you've been a few times , I'd say.
Of course, I got to not feeling too well midday Saturday but I was glad to have gone. I think the place would be much more fun and interesting in the Fall or Winter , but that's just me. I like cooler weather wheeling. You woykd NOT wanna hit the place after a rain , for sure.
Good trails for all level of wheelers.
Above average facility
Good location
Plenty of space
Easy drive for me / not horrible from Georgia ( it sounds like )
Boatloads of barely trimmed back access trails .
Blues can be blacks or greens.
horseflies the size of bluejays.
rather pricey but might have been the race weekend .
I will go back , absolutely.
(SideXsides now are everyplace, just accept them )

Thanks for Kent leading our group. He was also cool for letting my daughter ride w him and Marie as I was down a few hours.  [slammin]

(moved images to picture thread)

Overall a good time ; made better by having fellow GaTR members around  , as usual.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 02:17:11 PM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2018, 02:36:35 PM »
At some point Saturday, @Big Dave pawned off his son to Scott to ride around. I'm not sure the negotiations, but Scott either won or lost the bet and ended up with a passenger.

Sometime around mid-day Saturday, a few of us stopped at the pole barn to wait for the rest of the group. While waiting, Little Dave took it upon himself to start picking up trash and cleaned up the area (trashcans were present, but I guess some people would rather just throw shit on the ground). I joined in, but afterward felt sort of bad that it took a kid to remind me to do a better job.

So, good job, Little Dave's dad, on a parenting win

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2018, 02:47:27 PM »
At some point Saturday, @Big Dave pawned off his son to Scott to ride around. I'm not sure the negotiations, but Scott either won or lost the bet and ended up with a passenger.

Sometime around mid-day Saturday, a few of us stopped at the pole barn to wait for the rest of the group. While waiting, Little Dave took it upon himself to start picking up trash and cleaned up the area (trashcans were present, but I guess some people would rather just throw shit on the ground). I joined in, but afterward felt sort of bad that it took a kid to remind me to do a better job.

I gave @Big Dave  a ride to his rig while i think, @clark123456  was bringing his battery down the mtn.   just for the brief time i was in the jeep with him, I felt like a better person.   Grats to @Big Dave  i agree with @patman   Big parenting win, we need more young men and even us old lazy farts to be taking his son's example.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2018, 04:08:24 PM »
I concur w @kent10sne1 about the park. No, it has it's fair share of decent rock but it's tough to get there until you've been a few times , I'd say.
Of course, I got to not feeling too well midday Saturday but I was glad to have gone. I think the place would be much more fun and interesting in the Fall or Winter , but that's just me. I like cooler weather wheeling. You woykd NOT wanna hit the place after a rain , for sure.
Good trails for all level of wheelers.
Above average facility
Good location
Plenty of space
Easy drive for me / not horrible from Georgia ( it sounds like )
Boatloads of barely trimmed back access trails .
Blues can be blacks or greens.
horseflies the size of bluejays.
rather pricey but might have been the race weekend .
I will go back , absolutely.
(SideXsides now are everyplace, just accept them )

Thanks for Kent leading our group. He was also cool for letting my daughter ride w him and Marie as I was down a few hours.  [slammin]

Overall a good time ; made better by having fellow GaTR members around, as usual.

Nice review @j3ff3ry_j33p - Good to hear from someone that's been there recently. Now us web wheelers can make the call for next year. Oh, and it's noted that this will need to be a fall/winter trip. Several guys stating how terrible the heat, bugs, and poison ivy were. I am firmly against all three
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2018, 05:47:09 PM »

I gave @Big Dave  a ride to his rig while i think, @clark123456  was bringing his battery down the mtn.   just for the brief time i was in the jeep with him, I felt like a better person.   Grats to @Big Dave  i agree with @patman   Big parenting win, we need more young men and even us old lazy farts to be taking his son's example.
Those are very nice things to hear. I always wonder how he really acts when we aren't around.
They will be teenagers soon, I'm sure it will all change then. Lol 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM