BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Trying........yet another tire  (Read 1093 times)

Offline DILYSI Dave

• Visitor
Re: Trying........yet another tire
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 12:23:22 AM »
 :o

How much have you spent on tires in thelast 3 months?

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 11:50:08 AM »
I had procomps in same patten and liked them for most stuff but mud.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

06trailrig

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 08:22:29 AM »
:o

How much have you spent on tires in thelast 3 months?

$1400 to $1500 for me

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 08:43:24 AM »
 :o I payed $560.00 for mine!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 08:52:38 AM »
:o I payed $560.00 for mine!

Hey Ben, how do you like those Trxus MTs?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

06trailrig

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 09:14:08 AM »
Well I have a brand new set of LTB's and the Nittos will be here on Mon. So if anyone wants to buy a set of brand new ltb's let me know.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 11:06:40 AM »
I like the Trxus tires. I think they are wearing a bit faster than I would have hoped for though. That and the warranty issue I had from the sidewall bulge. I like the way they handle in all terrains and they seem to work really well on the rocks. 10lbs of air seems good. No beadlocks... yet. I will more than likely be going back to my old favorite, BFG all terrains after this et. Mileage is outstanding on those tires and awesome on the rocks! Either that or the BFG mud terrains like what you have. Maybe a 35"?

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 12:00:19 PM »
I like the Trxus tires. I think they are wearing a bit faster than I would have hoped for though. That and the warranty issue I had from the sidewall bulge. I like the way they handle in all terrains and they seem to work really well on the rocks. 10lbs of air seems good. No beadlocks... yet. I will more than likely be going back to my old favorite, BFG all terrains after this et. Mileage is outstanding on those tires and awesome on the rocks! Either that or the BFG mud terrains like what you have. Maybe a 35"?

I love my BFG MTs. I can't believe the wear they're getting. 8,000 miles on them and they still look just like the spare (except all the little stubbies have been claimed by the rocks  ;D) Check 'em out when we get to Tellico. I really can't believe it.

You know Doug may be selling his 35" BFG MTs. Maybe you guys can work something out. I wish I could get them.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 02:42:24 PM »
Yeah, I want a set of those eventually. It figures all these tire deals come out when I don't need a set or can afford them. What I really want to do is sell my wheels and get a set of alloy wheels. Save some weight and get some big 3" bead locks! But that is a bit much for me now. Gotta wait till xmas... maybe. The wear on those tires of yours does not suprise me. I have had many BFG AT's and 1 set of muds and have always had great mileage! I bought my tires before dixie run last october and I think they are around 1/2 tread. Not good. I might have 8-9000 on them. I once had a set of BFG AT's and got nearly 50,000 miles out of them. Rotate every 3000 and balance about 2 times a year. Great overall tire.

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 03:08:41 PM »
If ya'll are looking at the BFG M/Ts for a new tire, try to wait until September. That is when BFG is releasing the new KM2s in all sizes and I bet you will be able to get the KMs for a really good price.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 10:53:43 PM »
If ya'll are looking at the BFG M/Ts for a new tire, try to wait until September. That is when BFG is releasing the new KM2s in all sizes and I bet you will be able to get the KMs for a really good price.

I'll be looking for the same ones I got now because if they discontinue them, we may be able to find them for CHEAP! When the Bridgestone Dueler MT was discontinued a couple of years ago (my brother-in-law loves those things) he got 2 sets (not counting the ones already on the truck) for $75 a tire! I tried to find a set a week after that and they were all gone. No more in the whole freaking country! So I'm gonna keep an I open come september, and call around a lot to see if I can find a deal.

Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM