BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Bourbon Trail  (Read 630 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Bourbon Trail
« on: May 30, 2018, 11:57:36 AM »
Anyone done it?

We're leaving Saturday to pick up our friends in Waynesville, NC on Saturday, then Sunday heading to Lexington, KY.  Got a house for the week up there and doing the Bourbon Trail, horse auction, and a Bluegrass Festival.  I will probably stop by Bud's Gun Shop up there as well and buy myself a new pistol. 

Been busting my ass around the house the past month renovating the first floor of the house.  Hardwoods refinished (by contractor) and added them to the guest bedroom, painted every room (ceilings, walls trim, closets) with contractor help only on the 2 story rooms.  Looking forward to starting my new job on the 11th to avoid all of the manual labor. 

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Bourbon Trail
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 12:02:17 PM »
Look forward to your feedback, I’ve always wanted to check it out.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 12:44:54 PM »
have always wanted to do it but have yet to make the time to do so.

as John said, looking forward to your reveiw

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 04:29:18 PM »
If you've never done the Bourbon Trail, it's a worthwhile trip.  We visited Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey, Four Roses, Stitzel-Weller, and Willett.  If planned correctly, you could do most of it in 2-3 days.  The tours are excellent and the tastings are great.  I really liked the Buffalo Trace and Willet tours/tastings.  I picked up a bottle of Bourbon at each location even though some of it is regularly available at liquor stores here.  I have some new favorites as well.  Between another couple we went on the trip with, we bought over 20 bottles of bourbon.

At Willet, I bought a bottle of Pure Kentucky and Noah's Mill.  The Pure Kentucky is an excellent bourbon and probably going to be my go-to for a while.  I tried Noah's Mill at a bourbon bar in Bardstown and it is very good too, but cost more.

At Wild Turkey, I was surprised to learn they make all of their Bourbon from a single mash build.  I bought some Rare Breed and we drank that during the week as well (from the bottle my buddy bought). 

« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:33:24 PM by BigMike »

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 04:49:44 PM »
Had a good friend hit Buffalo Trace like a day before you did and enjoy it as well.  He also hit Makers Mark, Angels Envy, and Woodford Reserve.  Need to go on a roadtrip up there.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 08:58:22 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 06ljrubby

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 09:15:09 AM »
I haven't done the Bourbon Trail; but we went to Lynchburg and  toured the Jack Daniels distillery on our way home from Hawk Pride. 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM