BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JUNE 8-10TH - HAWK PRIDE : PICS, VIDEOS, STORIES, LIES.... CARNAGE  (Read 3824 times)

Offline 06ljrubby

• Visitor
Re: JUNE 8-10TH - HAWK PRIDE : PICS, VIDEOS, STORIES, LIES.... CARNAGE
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2018, 06:47:32 PM »
I really didn't take many pictures;but we had a great time thanks again to Big Dave and Jason and it was nice meeting Sam. It was hot but good to see some other people I haven't seen in a while.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 07:03:20 PM by 06ljrubby »

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2018, 07:01:45 PM »
I had a trailer tire blow on I65 Friday morning right before Cullman, so needed a 60 mile detour to Huntsville area to get a replacement.  I decided to just buy a second spare wheel and tire to avoid this type of problem in the future.  Got to HP early afternoon and had a fun easy ride with Jason leading.

Saturday joined up with John's group and all was good  all day until John broke and I was about to have heatstroke.   [skull]  Headed back to camp without waiting to supervise repairs.   [rolleyes]  I was very happy to get  back to the motel.

Since we had 8 rigs in the group we didn't stop for any of the harder potential obstacles.  The trails were still reasonably challenging as far as needing to pick some lines, but nothing that one was worried about getting through.  At least many were in the trees for shade.  I'd consider going back in the future with cooler weather; with an audiobook to listen to on the way the drive isn't bad.

Found a surprisingly good Japanese restaurant in town, and ate dinner there twice.

I found that my winch battery was dead again, but luckily never needed to winch.  Also the Painless controller seems bad as the indicator light never lit up showing charging the batteries.  I'll need to attend to that before the next ride.  I could link the two in series, but if one battery goes bad it drains the other; so the switching idea makes sense if it works. 
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline zrxmopar

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2018, 07:24:57 PM »
I had a trailer tire blow on I65 Friday morning right before Cullman, so needed a 60 mile detour to Huntsville area to get a replacement.  I decided to just buy a second spare wheel and tire to avoid this type of problem in the future.  Got to HP early afternoon and had a fun easy ride with Jason leading.

Saturday joined up with John's group and all was good  all day until John broke and I was about to have heatstroke.   [skull]  Headed back to camp without waiting to supervise repairs.   [rolleyes]  I was very happy to get  back to the motel.

Since we had 8 rigs in the group we didn't stop for any of the harder potential obstacles.  The trails were still reasonably challenging as far as needing to pick some lines, but nothing that one was worried about getting through.  At least many were in the trees for shade.  I'd consider going back in the future with cooler weather; with an audiobook to listen to on the way the drive isn't bad.

Found a surprisingly good Japanese restaurant in town, and ate dinner there twice.

I found that my winch battery was dead again, but luckily never needed to winch.  Also the Painless controller seems bad as the indicator light never lit up showing charging the batteries.  I'll need to attend to that before the next ride.  I could link the two in series, but if one battery goes bad it drains the other; so the switching idea makes sense if it works. 
series would give you 24 volts. Parallel is what you want.
Shaun
ºlllllllº 2008 JK
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 24v
2022 Yamaha MT10

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2018, 07:42:29 PM »
true that
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Online Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2018, 08:34:18 AM »
Had an awesome time, the trails were tight but dry rock and traction for days.  Thanks to Jason for leading the way all weekend, enjoyed meeting all the folks I hadn't before.  Maverick and Merlin were my favorite two trails, all the Top Gun named trails were fantastic. 

Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2018, 09:12:45 AM »
This place looks amazing!!! Hate that I had to miss it. Glad y’all had a good time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2018, 02:19:01 PM »

( Didn't get too many picts , srry...)
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2018, 04:47:44 PM »
Looks to be a great park. I am already gonna plan a cool month trip later in the year. I really wanted to hit this place . Trail riding in the southeast in the summer months is brutal. Makes me think about buying a carpet set for the front of the TJ. Like Clark said, the floor just radiated heat plus it being 90+ amazon humid makes for a long day. Plus I still have not fixed my AC since the engine swap  [phantomskull]
I've grown tired of this.

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2018, 07:37:41 AM »
Looks to be a great park. I am already gonna plan a cool month trip later in the year. I really wanted to hit this place . Trail riding in the southeast in the summer months is brutal. Makes me think about buying a carpet set for the front of the TJ. Like Clark said, the floor just radiated heat plus it being 90+ amazon humid makes for a long day. Plus I still have not fixed my AC since the engine swap  [phantomskull]

I’m sure to catch flak about it here as-we’ll-as at home and on my other forum, but I have maybe used the AC in my JKUS 4-5 times?
Even when we were midday Friday and Sat I didn’t turn it on . After hearing someone mention it( maybe @clark123456 ), Cadence & I tried it for a few miles on way to Nashville Sunday but turned it off and agreed it felt better with windows down. I just never got accustomed to ac in automobiles, even bein’ bred-n-spread in the deep South.
 Weird, I know....
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2018, 07:39:51 AM »
You're weird! 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2018, 07:44:48 AM »
Same way. I have used the ac in the Jeep very minimally over the last 18 years. Raised in the south... you get used to it ha ha. Even in my old sub I barely use it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've grown tired of this.

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2018, 07:45:28 AM »
Wife drives that ‘95 XJ around nashville in this heat. After 375k , the blower + two of the 3 ac comp clutch plate spring/tine things are cracked ,so we don’t have ac in that heat generating inline6 , either.  [help]

Thus why first criteria on this truck we are shopping is AIR CONDITIONING, per the missus ...heh...

yeah, I’ve a few odd traits , admittedly ... ;)
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM