BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: GUY NEEDS HELP IN N. GA  (Read 3711 times)

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re: GUY NEEDS HELP IN N. GA
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2018, 06:41:42 AM »
That is funny as crap. Do people not realize smart phones give you your exact GPS coordinates (maybe not Justin’s Obama phone). I don’t know how you call yourself or put yourself on a ERT team if you can’t navigate yourself properly on the road or in the woods. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2018, 06:45:04 AM »
Extremely rough trail she got stuck on

Bobby

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2018, 07:44:44 AM »

Maybe you should have her take you on a shakedown run.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2018, 07:45:17 AM »
Haha

Bobby

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2018, 08:10:10 AM »

Hahahaha

But then you'd have to go rescue Bobby
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 08:11:13 AM by patman »

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2018, 08:28:53 AM »

Hahahaha

But then you'd have to go rescue Bobby
But then I couldn’t make it past the first trail without bending a sway bar arm

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2018, 08:30:32 AM »
It appears they are going to get another run at it today to recover the truck...should make for funny posts of Wendy is the leader.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2018, 07:24:45 PM »
Snoopy??  [wtf2]
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2018, 08:06:38 PM »
It appears they are going to get another run at it today to recover the truck...should make for funny posts of Wendy is the leader.

any updates?

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2018, 09:27:23 AM »

any updates?

This was the final update:

Update: Thank You's, Apologies, Knowledge & Lessons from yesterday's ERT attempt on my end.

I, for the sake of myself wanted to share a few things. I accidently posted b4 I was thru writing, lol.

I have my head back on my shoulders even if it shld still be knocked off after last night. My brain is dead from the emotional toll I endured trying to find these guys for 9 hours, riding up & down Springer Mtn., Trying to track them thru grasses by their fresh tire markings, them not having a clue where they were, roads they took, landmarks, coordinates, being from wayyyy out West & only in Ga 2 weeks & not realizing there were 20,000 hippies ( No offense Ruthie Lawrence, my friend 💜, interesting one's) descending the Mtn for 2 week's, plus the enormity of a "simple rescue" going South in a hurry bc of "tunnel vision" on my end.

However, my head is spinning MOST OF ALL from the endangerment I caused all the Rescuers of every branch of Fannin & Gilmer County trying to get us off the Mtn. (And don't even begin to say "It's their job"...tons are volunteers for CERT, EMS Training etc)   It's only bc of their combined effort's, equipment, knowledge & dedication to saving us, which got everyone corralled & brought to safety.

I risked their lives more so than my own. Instead of looking for 2 guys, it then turned into finding an extra person, "me", costing extra money bc of manpower needed, undue stress for them, ALL of you AWESOME Friends who came hours away to help & my own family.

I screwed up big time! Every authority figure from, Fire Chief, Fire Captain, Head of DNR, EMT'S, ERT'S, Police Captain/Chief (I apologize missing/getting your Deserved & Earned Titles messed up bc so many of you were there to oversee your crews) began to RIGHTLY dressed me down. I deserve it & I take full responsibility for my lack of sensible judgement, putting SO many rescuers at harm and not following protocol I was taught. 

Some of the Chiefs, Commander's, EMT'S etc, knew me personally. All who did, were my Instructors, Superiors, Commander's & I scared them to death being on Mt. at nightime, by myself, no doors etc. I KNEW better but I let tunnel vision cloud my thinking in trying to rescue the guys. All of the training, video's, classes, test etc..flew out the door in my attempts.

Just got talked down by former leader (deserved everything) bc was taught S&R by them & so many other rescue classes, field training, on-line courses etc. It's all my fault. I did NOTHING by the book. Sure...I went out with full gear, food, clothes, everything for helping them but...I didn't have my GPS, Map or Compass with me. ALL of the very basic items EVERY PERSON needs with them. AND...I went alone. Granted hindsight is 20/20 & I'm beyond blessed the situation didn't end tragically.

I knew better bc I have seen the video's, taken the classes, field exercises etc. These Mtns. are deadly & one can get lost in a second...esp when night time descends & it does rapidly back in the deep woods. The Bears are freely roaming bc mating season, Copperheads everywhere..saw some ran over.

Not to even begin with the lovely insect bites, spider's crawling thru my Jeep an on me, bc I had nothing to protect me except my bikini roof. Snakes can & do drop from the branches quickly or slide from the branches easily into your Vehicle. There are Bears, Coyote's, Bobcats etc which cld have pounced inside my Jeep at any second bc there was no wiggle room at all.

I was blessed by God protecting me & you all praying,  bc I had a Mt. Ridge immediately on my side or a deep ravine on the other. Anything startling me , jumping in Jeep, Falling from limbs hanging over & I quickly & easily cld have went off the Mtn.

My Respect, appreciation to ALL of Fannin & Ellijay for helping rescue.  Hats off to ALL who helped rescue us in Fannin County. I'm so sorry! Everyone is out here...they pulled every resource. All my training, classes & managed to disappoint the County once again.

Instead of helping, I just completely ruined & screwed up every single thing. I wld love to know all if the Jeepers who came out to help us.

Again, I'm sorry to everyone involved. To ALL the EMS, Fire Chief, Fire Commander, S&R, DNR, people of both counties...and all I missed "Thank You".

Trust me, It will never be repeated again by me. I made a complete mockery of all the intensive training, diplomas, hundred of hours over the last 3 years in classes, field training, on line etc. which I worked so hard for to achieve. For all of my total incompetence in this rescue, I thank you all who helped out in any way possible...from relays, phone calls, searching etc. My sincere gratitude.

Jeremy Kellogg Jon Roberson, Scott Kimbell Derek Kern, John Harper, David Jon, Kenneth Wayne Cagle, Juston Wyatt, Sly Lumpkin, Bunk Elliott, Pam Martin  Cagle, Eileen Goetz Jones, Anthony Phillips, Jeremy Bugbee,  Andrew Jacobson , Billy Wayne Campbell, Mark Hawkins, Robbie Waren

Can anyone help tag the above Guys & Ladies who helped out...again...sorry if someone was overlooked but so many threads were flying on loops for Kevin Bell.

Blessings, Love & Thank You 💚

Everyone have a Beautiful Saturday!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 09:28:42 AM by TravisMac »
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2018, 09:40:24 AM »
Oh yeah not reading her apologies and excuses, was just wondering if they got the truck and what kind of cluster that was.

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2018, 10:34:42 AM »
3 years of S&R training? Did she sleep during class?
At least there is a valuable lesson  learned here.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM