BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Kamodo Joe  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: Kamodo Joe
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 09:16:15 AM »
I have always enjoyed eating food off of other people’s smokers but I honestly probably never would have bought a kamado-style smoker like a BGE or Kamado Joe with my own money. They were just too expensive for me to even consider it.
So the next best thing happened and I won a Kamado Joe Jr by having longest drive at a charity golf event. It’s a smaller grill, I think the cooking surface is 16 or 18”, but enough to get a full butt or a couple racks of ribs on. Now that I have had one for over a year I understand the hype. My brother-in-law has been talking about buying a BGE for years and when he saw mine he ended up buying a Kamado Joe. In my opinion they are comparble in almost every feature and you can usually end up getting a better deal on the KJs because they come with a lot of the accessories (stand, hand tools, etc.) our of the box that BGE charges big money for after you purchase the grill. I agree the BGE is definitely the standard and I still end up calling mine an “egg” a lot of times. All I’m sayin’ is if you’re considering a BGE purchase I would definitely recommend looking into KJ as well. I have been very happy with mine. 
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 10:51:54 AM »
I have always enjoyed eating food off of other people’s smokers but I honestly probably never would have bought a kamado-style smoker like a BGE or Kamado Joe with my own money. They were just too expensive for me to even consider it.
So the next best thing happened and I won a Kamado Joe Jr by having longest drive at a charity golf event. It’s a smaller grill, I think the cooking surface is 16 or 18”, but enough to get a full butt or a couple racks of ribs on. Now that I have had one for over a year I understand the hype. My brother-in-law has been talking about buying a BGE for years and when he saw mine he ended up buying a Kamado Joe. In my opinion they are comparble in almost every feature and you can usually end up getting a better deal on the KJs because they come with a lot of the accessories (stand, hand tools, etc.) our of the box that BGE charges big money for after you purchase the grill. I agree the BGE is definitely the standard and I still end up calling mine an “egg” a lot of times. All I’m sayin’ is if you’re considering a BGE purchase I would definitely recommend looking into KJ as well. I have been very happy with mine. 

Nice pic...you are definitely doing it right!!

I have a BGE, and love it.  But the Kamado's have a lot of good features and are probably a better value now than the egg.  If i was buying brand new, right now, I would strongly consider the KJ

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 11:10:24 AM »

Nice pic...you are definitely doing it right!!

I have a BGE, and love it.  But the Kamado's have a lot of good features and are probably a better value now than the egg.  If i was buying brand new, right now, I would strongly consider the KJ

Agreed with everything he said.

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 03:34:16 PM »
I’d also consider KJ. Lots of awesome features, but the counter balanced lid is my favorite on the KJ.  My counters are already cut for BGE, so I’ll likely never change unless they make a hinge that would work with my cutout.

Also, Roswell hardware earned more business from me since they’ve supported CFR for the past few years.
Jay

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM