BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Colorado 6/29-7/6 stories, pictures and we aren’t talking about the last topic  (Read 9813 times)

Offline jc79

• Visitor
If we avoided everything that scared you that week we would have kept the rigs on the trailers..... good thing you give in so easily to peer pressure.
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
If we avoided everything that scared you that week we would have kept the rigs on the trailers..... good thing you give in so easily to peer pressure.
Truth

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Will

• Visitor
Did you guys do Cleveland Rock at Holy Cross? I’ve heard a lot about that being the hardest part of that trail.

Its far and away the hardest.... everything leading up to it is easy. 

We didn't even try it.  We got up there around 3:00.  It's 2 hours down... so it just didn't make any sense given that we had more driving to do that evening.
Good answer...Had nothing to do with it being scary.

Lol, I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m not judgin’. From the videos it is absolutely scary. From your pics though, the scenery alone was worth the trip.
Thanks for sharing!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:13:53 PM by Will »
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Did you guys do Cleveland Rock at Holy Cross? I’ve heard a lot about that being the hardest part of that trail.

We didn't even try it.  We got up there around 3:00.  It's 2 hours down... so it just didn't make any sense given that we had more driving to do that evening.
Good answer...Had nothing to do with it being scary.

Lol, I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m not judgin’. From the videos it is absolutely scary. From your pics though, the scenery alone was worth the trip.
Thanks for sharing!
Yeah, it was the Colorado scenery that got me back out there.  The Moab trip wouldn't have been enough to make me do that drive in 2018. 

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Cleveland Rock was no joke.  Looked like there might be several different lines but I can see bad things happing quick on that obstacle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.

I woulda been alot more tempted if those idiots didnt show up right when we were trying to check it out. I was already sketched out that day, it didnt feel right.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor

I woulda been alot more tempted if those idiots didnt show up right when we were trying to check it out. I was already sketched out that day, it didnt feel right.
Why were you sketched out?

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER

Why were you sketched out?

I think the altitude got to me. It was pretty high up there ya know.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
We didn't run into anyone on that trail last year.   lmao

Cleveland Rock

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:10:48 AM by DOUG »

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
JLUR (running 38s on stock axles) youtube channel...they hit Holy Cross and Carnage Canyon.  NOTE: She claims "they", but she is outside of the vehicle and her man is driving the Jeep.

Holy Cross (inc Cleveland Rock):
/>
Carnage Canyon:
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
JLUR (running 38s on stock axles) youtube channel...they hit Holy Cross and Carnage Canyon.  NOTE: She claims "they", but she is outside of the vehicle and her man is driving the Jeep.

/>
Carnage Canyon:
/>

so.... you dont come back out past the sign on Carnage.... well that woulda been the way @Anvilsam woulda went, but .... So they got the CLeveland rock and winched, and turned around on Carnage? whats the point?

Offline BigMike

• Visitor

/>
Carnage Canyon:
/>

Any lift?  Don't the 44's in the JL have stronger axle tubes?  Still, running 38's without beefing them up seems risky.

Sounds like she is the real driver and was spotting her boy.  LOL, she said "take the hard way, don't pussy out".
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:13:12 AM by BigMike »

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM