BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Colorado 6/29-7/6 stories, pictures and we aren’t talking about the last topic  (Read 9835 times)

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
Check truck miles to know the difference between the trips.

That comparison is actually pretty cool. 

Tire is toast. 3" inch chunk out of the sidewall.  I have insurance on them for full replacement through Discount Tire so I will only be out the cost of a new insurance certificate($50) and the time to dismount and mount.

Discount doesn't know how to mount or balance a tire worth a crap but I keep going back for that certificate. We all do dumb things at some point and good thing you have it! 

Clark and I ran pretty much the exact same speed, if anything i was a little faster at times and he was a lil smoother. My truck is KN cold air, Smarty Jr programmer set on tow mode, recirc delete, straight exhaust with factory cat still, on Sams factory 20s, and i sat it back down completely stock for the trip. No check engine lights or trouble codes. IMO the tires didnt make a huge diff except on the power side, the mileage actually went down turning more RPMs at highway speed compared to the 37s believe it or not, i was shocked for sure.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
For S&Gs:

2016 (includes the trip to Phoenix, then Moab, then home)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER

Tire is toast. 3" inch chunk out of the sidewall.  I have insurance on them for full replacement through Discount Tire so I will only be out the cost of a new insurance certificate($50) and the time to dismount and mount.

Discount doesn't know how to mount or balance a tire worth a crap but I keep going back for that certificate. We all do dumb things at some point and good thing you have it! 
I was told by a manager at DT that the certificates are only good for 3 years.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER

That's correct at DT
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor

That's correct at DT

Don't think I've ever owned a set of tires that long. :)

Offline Uncle Randy

• Visitor
  • Cherish every minute

*this group was the shit, had a blast. Uncle Randy is fearless.
[/quote]
-----
REPLY:
Thanks I guess. I  don't know about fearless. I dont think I got crazy on anything this year. You better have some fear of these rocks, cause they can jump up and bite you in the ass when you are least expecting it. (see pics of Clark in Moab couple years ago. No disrepect intended).
Randy
'06TJ
Treekiller

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Two afternoons of cleaning and finally all the dust is gone.  The inside was nasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
I know Wes took better quality video but here are three videos from Friday. This is Independence Trail Jared, Justin and Clark
In Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tnop2lel9lu7kj4/AAAAq78yke6j0mFA1b2ZH3caa?dl=0

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 07:24:25 PM by cru9 »
Bobby

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
@Jeepson33s must be treating these like wedding photos.

Offline jc79

• Visitor
@Jeepson33s must be treating these like wedding photos.

He did ask if I wanted to upgrade to the Platinum package.

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
Jared's long sleeved shirt might have been toasty, but he probably didn't get sunburn there.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline jc79

• Visitor
Jared's long sleeved shirt might have been toasty, but he probably didn't get sunburn there.

Yep... I take my wheeling dress cues from landscaping crews. Long pants, long sleeve PFG shirt, gator around my neck and dumb looking floppy hat. Throw some sunscreen on what skin remains exposed (face, hands). I’d rather be a little warmer than have my skin being burned!

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM