BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Saturday night meal at Tellico  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Saturday night meal at Tellico
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2008, 09:59:47 PM »
I will be up at dawn... internal clock. Probably sit on the rockin chair and enjoy the nature! As for the ride I guess I will post up a time section for all to sign in at what time they think they will be up. Some may have to miss Fridays ride. But hey, we got all day saturday too! I will probably be wheelin sunday as well. Go find a nice spot to sit for a few hours up there. I sat at fains ford for a few hours last time Briggs and I went.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2008, 10:10:16 PM »
Will, I think Friday we are gonna head up the bus to helicopter then to guardrail. It is alot more fun heading up the bus! Man, I can't wait!!!! Have you flexed that beast out any? Gotta atleast post a pic!

A couple of sneak pics. She's not on the ground yet. Gotta bleed the brakes and I'm waiting on the companion flange for the rear yoke.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2008, 10:11:31 PM »
OH yeah, GOOOOOOOO DAWGS!!!!!!!!
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »

8.8 looks goooooood.  You're not gonna paint it red and black are ya?  ;D

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2008, 10:30:51 PM »

8.8 looks goooooood.  You're not gonna paint it red and black are ya?  ;D

haha, no, but when I get back from Tellico I'm making a receiver for a flag pole on my tire carrier behind the tire. I've got a 6'x4' black flag that I'll be flying this football season  :P 

I painted the axle in a high gloss industrial epoxy. Same stuff that we paint some of our industrial filtration canisters with. It looks really good under the Jeep. The pictures don't really do it justice.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2008, 10:40:42 PM »
I think I will probably ride shotty with one of ya'll on the night ride since I have never been on those trails and I know my Jeep isn't ready for them either.

And whenever I can get some new diff. covers, I'm thinking about painting them orange and putting a Power T on them.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline GusaGus

• Visitor
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2008, 11:58:09 AM »
Talked to Chris today last night about the ride. Will, I think Friday we are gonna head up the bus to helicopter then to guardrail. It is alot more fun heading up the bus! Man, I can't wait!!!! Have you flexed that beast out any? Gotta atleast post a pic! I think we will end up splitting the group for those who want to do the big boy stuff and are built for it and those who want to ride around on easier stuff. But whatever! I am just ready to go!!!!! MAKE SURE IF YOU WANT SOME BREW YOU GET IT WELL BEFORE MURPHY! IT IS A DRY BUTT TOWN, LEARNED THE THIRSTY WAY! Can't wait for the cookout either and some R&R. I have been doing nothing at work but making my list of things to bring and sneeking in videos of tellico off youtube! :D

about what time do you think your goign to roll around on friday?  what CB channel are you guys running on?
98 TJ
3.5" lift
locked and locked
36" iroks on bead locks
custom cage and more

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2008, 12:03:32 PM »
Will, that looks freakin sweet! Makes mine look like a terd. In time. As for the friday ride GusaGus, check my new topic in trail rides. Times are being figured out.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2008, 03:26:15 PM »
Will, that looks freakin sweet! Makes mine look like a terd. In time. As for the friday ride GusaGus, check my new topic in trail rides. Times are being figured out.

ha, thanks man.   :) One thing I forgot was to weld some tabes or nuts on the tubes for some limiting straps. Because I have no track bar, when the rear tires come off the ground and the axle droops the springs fall out  :-\ I'm an idiot for not thinking about that, but as long as the bumpstops are set, I should be alright at Tellico. Better not jump anything before I get back though  :D I may rig up some set belts or something before this weekend.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

RotorHead

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2008, 03:32:14 PM »
You'll need something at Tellico unless the springs only pop out when both sides are at full droop. Don't forget about flex. Are your shocks too long? Any problem with full stuff?

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2008, 03:49:42 PM »
Good call Rotor. If your shocks are shorter than your spring droop you should be fine. Hate to flex that thing and the rear spring falls out! :D Make for a long day. I also need some straps for mine. My shocks are the limiters now and I know that can't last forever. Post up some flex shots!!

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2008, 03:56:56 PM »
Will, get some rear spring post extensions if you can. I don't know if the TJs are the same as ZJs but I'm pretty sure they are but there is post that comes down in the center of the coil from the top but it is not very long. Get a peice of pipe or something and ever weld it on or get RTV or similar and glue it on. When ever the coil becomes unseated, it will remain where is suppose to be because the post is still inside the coil. Plus, it doesn't have to be that strong because gravity is the only force acting on it. I can get a picture of what I am talking about if you want.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM