BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Garage build 2019  (Read 982 times)

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
Re: Garage build 2019
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 04:11:49 PM »
The best thing for a shop/garage is AC !!  [slammin]
 A lift is a very close second.....

Hopefully that's my next shop/garage upgrade
My 30x40 is perfect now that the boat is gone. Sad to see it go but the next one will be even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Anvilsam is the 40 ft depth enough park your truck and trailer in the garage with the trailer attached?  Or would you need to go 50 ft?  I'm asking for a future garage project when I move full-time to Woodstock.
You would need 50 to park truck and trailer. My next garage at our new house will be big enough to accommodate a Lift in the center and a stall on each side large enough for truck and trailer together. My one regret is putting in large doors close to the side walls. My shop is 30 wide with two 12 foot doors. That leaves me 3 feet between and 1.5 on each side. That isn’t enough room to put a tool box or even walk around the Lift comfortably. I recommend at least 4 feet on each side of the door.

50 is still tight if your trailer is 20ft like our PJs. Id go 55 for a tad of space or if you will have shelves or workbenches. My big shop is 175x50 and when I come in with both theres not hardly room to walk in front of the truck, and I have shelves at the back that do not take much room.
Garage at the new house will be 41x60

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 04:14:38 PM »
nice
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 05:40:03 PM »

My 30x40 is perfect now that the boat is gone. Sad to see it go but the next one will be even better.

@Anvilsam is the 40 ft depth enough park your truck and trailer in the garage with the trailer attached?  Or would you need to go 50 ft?  I'm asking for a future garage project when I move full-time to Woodstock.
You would need 50 to park truck and trailer. My next garage at our new house will be big enough to accommodate a Lift in the center and a stall on each side large enough for truck and trailer together. My one regret is putting in large doors close to the side walls. My shop is 30 wide with two 12 foot doors. That leaves me 3 feet between and 1.5 on each side. That isn’t enough room to put a tool box or even walk around the Lift comfortably. I recommend at least 4 feet on each side of the door.

50 is still tight if your trailer is 20ft like our PJs. Id go 55 for a tad of space or if you will have shelves or workbenches. My big shop is 175x50 and when I come in with both theres not hardly room to walk in front of the truck, and I have shelves at the back that do not take much room.

41? Interesting width

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 05:52:43 PM »

41? Interesting width
Stock width on our house plans. I’m extending the length though

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM