BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Colorado 6/29-7/6 stories, pictures and we aren’t talking about the last topic  (Read 9709 times)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
JLUR (running 38s on stock axles) youtube channel...they hit Holy Cross and Carnage Canyon.  NOTE: She claims "they", but she is outside of the vehicle and her man is driving the Jeep.

Holy Cross (inc Cleveland Rock):
/>
Carnage Canyon:
/>

I watched 15 seconds of the Carnage Canyon video and turned it off. That chicks voice is too annoying and the music sounded like it was from Sesame Street. 

Offline Will

• Visitor
I’ve followed their build/adventures over on JL Wrangler Forums. They have a 2.5” RC spacer lift. It’s less than $200. Spacer, shock extension and sway bar links i believe is all that is included.
They are a not the only JL running those 38” Milestar Patagonias. There are a handful  and they have been running them hard.

The axles have thicker tubes, bigger knuckles, bigger steering linkage. The ring and pinions are a lot different and they say a lot stronger. They’ve made some nice improvements but I still haven't seen any failure so hard to say what the sweet spot is for these axles over the JK 44s.

One guy just did the Rubicon with a 38 on the magnesium tailgate with no issues. Ive only heard of one tailgate failure and that was a guy at Moab (i believe the size was 37”) and he came off a ledge and landed on the tire. Not suprised  that the swinggate was damaged in that scenario. Anyways, someone will break those axles eventually and probably that couple if they dont roll it first. I’ll stop tootin’ the JL horn but i sure an happy with mine.

That girl in those vids will never spot for me.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:19:42 PM by Will »
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline jc79

• Visitor

I'm sure she has other talents!
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF

making sandwiches?

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
I just priced a JLUR...I can't bring myself to buy one...yet. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor

making sandwiches?

Holy Cross vid @ 14:45 proves it's not that but it is a moment she isn't talking when her mouth is full.

Going through their vids there is at least one funny one. I want to do BlackBear pass with the group but not sure @Raisinhead would make it after seeing this.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 02:37:12 PM by BigPrince »

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM