BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Windrock 7/13 - 7/15 pics, videos, dirty lies....post up  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
Re: Windrock 7/13 - 7/15 pics, videos, dirty lies....post up
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2018, 09:04:47 AM »
Great trip!!! Thanks to Shaun and Kevin for really making my friends feel welcome!!!!

So we trailered my jeep up on Friday behind the RV. It road well, but this being the first time I’ve trailered it, I didn’t realize how much longer it takes for drive time(maybe it’s just trailering with an RV) the normal 4 hour ride turned into a 5.5 hour ride. Didn’t end up getting on the trails until 5:30ish Friday evening. Did trail 22, Kevin caught up about a mile into the trail. Pretty smooth riding until we found a spot where the SxS’s had rutted the trail out to the point where it was impassable with a “huge”(read in the voice of trump) mud hole on the left and several 2’-3’ ruts on the right. “Luckily” I got stuck on the hill coming up to the ruts (thanks Kevin for the help winching up and backing out). I think it would have been a real bugger to try to winch out of the mud/ruts. So we turned around and found a bypass on a gravel road to get to the end off 22. And headed back to camp(it was dark 30 by this point)

Day 2,

Started out riding behind the big tire guys and split off right before they hit the big stuff.
Ran 27 to 26(beautiful trails!!!) then, I think trail 6, which didn’t look like it had been run very often lately. Tight trail through the vegetation and briars(blackberry’s). Wouldn’t have been as bad with the doors on. Ran 42-49. Fun stuff and a great view of the windmills from the opposite mountain ridge. Stopped for lunch under some shade on the side of a gravel road and then headed to the other side of the park. Took G1 out past trail 16 to find trail 13( had heard it was one of the oldest trails at the park.) but by the time we got there(took almost 2 hours) didn’t think we had enough time to run it out and back(it dead ends at the edge of the property) we decided to run 34 over to 11 and just headed back after that.

All in all a great trip. My friend Evan, and his father Terry, really enjoyed it. I’m so glad I was able to make it out with them. Evan really fell in love with Kevin’s LJ. I think he’s going to be in search of one here pretty soon and will have to figure out a solution for not having use of his left arm, but he’s pretty ingenious and I’m sure he’ll figure out a work around. Thanks again to Kevin and Shaun. Great trip fellas!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2018, 09:20:50 AM »
Great trip!!! Thanks to Shaun and Kevin for really making my friends feel welcome!!!!

So we trailered my jeep up on Friday behind the RV. It road well, but this being the first time I’ve trailered it, I didn’t realize how much longer it takes for drive time(maybe it’s just trailering with an RV) the normal 4 hour ride turned into a 5.5 hour ride. Didn’t end up getting on the trails until 5:30ish Friday evening. Did trail 22, Kevin caught up about a mile into the trail. Pretty smooth riding until we found a spot where the SxS’s had rutted the trail out to the point where it was impassable with a “huge”(read in the voice of trump) mud hole on the left and several 2’-3’ ruts on the right. “Luckily” I got stuck on the hill coming up to the ruts (thanks Kevin for the help winching up and backing out). I think it would have been a real bugger to try to winch out of the mud/ruts. So we turned around and found a bypass on a gravel road to get to the end off 22. And headed back to camp(it was dark 30 by this point)

Day 2,

Started out riding behind the big tire guys and split off right before they hit the big stuff.
Ran 27 to 26(beautiful trails!!!) then, I think trail 6, which didn’t look like it had been run very often lately. Tight trail through the vegetation and briars(blackberry’s). Wouldn’t have been as bad with the doors on. Ran 42-49. Fun stuff and a great view of the windmills from the opposite mountain ridge. Stopped for lunch under some shade on the side of a gravel road and then headed to the other side of the park. Took G1 out past trail 16 to find trail 13( had heard it was one of the oldest trails at the park.) but by the time we got there(took almost 2 hours) didn’t think we had enough time to run it out and back(it dead ends at the edge of the property) we decided to run 34 over to 11 and just headed back after that.

All in all a great trip. My friend Evan, and his father Terry, really enjoyed it. I’m so glad I was able to make it out with them. Evan really fell in love with Kevin’s LJ. I think he’s going to be in search of one here pretty soon and will have to figure out a solution for not having use of his left arm, but he’s pretty ingenious and I’m sure he’ll figure out a work around. Thanks again to Kevin and Shaun. Great trip fellas!!!!

great recap Chris!

Anyone do Walden's Ridge? I think that is what it is called.

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2018, 10:41:19 AM »
We (Rob, Biscuit, Jeff and I) were discussing it on Fri and headed in that direction, but Biscuit was having some fuel pump issues and we didn't make it.  Contrary to what others have posted, it is in the park and accessible.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2018, 10:28:48 PM »
We (Rob, Biscuit, Jeff and I) were discussing it on Fri and headed in that direction, but Biscuit was having some fuel pump issues and we didn't make it.  Contrary to what others have posted, it is in the park and accessible.
Good to know was told by several it’s not part of the park!!!!!

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2018, 10:54:32 PM »

Really didn’t get many pictures this ride. Will do better next time.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM