BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JK Soft Top Question  (Read 356 times)

Offline PurpleJeepXJ

• Visitor
JK Soft Top Question
« on: August 13, 2018, 10:22:24 AM »
I have a 2013 JK with both the hard and soft tops. The soft top has been on for 75% of the time. In the past, with the soft top, I have almost always fully folded it back when taking the top down. Only recently have I been folding the front section back instead of the entire top. The issue I am seeing is that when the front section is folded back, the center of the soft top forward of the soundbar tends to sag down. I am a taller guy so it basically sits on my head. Any suggestions on fixing this? There are no Velcro straps like I have seen on other tops.
2013 JK Sport. TF 3.5" Suspension Lift. TF Swaybar Disconnects. 33" BFG M/T. Rock Crawler Style Front Bumper. Rough Country Crawler HD Rear Bumper. Rock Sliders. XHD Low Profile Snorkel. Smitty Winch. Lights.

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
Re: JK Soft Top Question
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 11:20:31 AM »
They make a Bow that fits to push it up.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline PurpleJeepXJ

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 11:42:30 AM »
Any idea what the actual part name would be? I will check quadratec in a little bit to see if I can find it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 JK Sport. TF 3.5" Suspension Lift. TF Swaybar Disconnects. 33" BFG M/T. Rock Crawler Style Front Bumper. Rough Country Crawler HD Rear Bumper. Rock Sliders. XHD Low Profile Snorkel. Smitty Winch. Lights.

Offline Jango

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 03:11:18 PM »

When I fold my forward section of the top, I also fold back the fabric in the folds. Hard to explain in text. Pm me your number and I'll take some photos for you of what I'm talking about. Doing this will eliminate the top sagging in to the cab.
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Offline PurpleJeepXJ

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 08:26:30 PM »
Jango I think I figured it out through research of other forums. It is called the “W” fold and is the proper way of folding a soft top. As opposed to the “O” fold which just gives everything away for free. I digress. I appreciate the responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM