BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: SEPTEMBER 7th - 9th - MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND : DISCUSSION  (Read 5875 times)

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
Re: SEPTEMBER 7th - 9th - MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND : DISCUSSION
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2018, 07:59:05 AM »
thanks, guys
Or you could camp........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He could, his 14 year old daughter can't.
She could too. My wife probably will be.

it is just a lot to type but it comes-down to us having given my buddy back all of his high-end hiking gear we were using ; I would have to order myself one of those camp-stoves and cups bowls coffee brewer etc. To boil h20 we will have to start a brickette fire for oatmeal/coffee so that comes out to about same cost as the room. you guys know we arent beyond sleepin in the tent; I love camping but we both agreed this trip we might stay in hotel is all.
What time y’all planning to get there Friday? I’m thinking we should be there by 9 local and setup ready to wheel by 10.

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2018, 07:40:45 PM »
We will be leaving around 5 pm. Just in time for rush hour traffic.  [slammin]

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2018, 07:42:02 PM »
We will be leaving around 5 pm. Just in time for rush hour traffic.  [slammin]
Ugh, that sounds awful.

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2018, 09:30:49 AM »
yup; I just found-out that I had assumed that when we took the truck we recently got ( & that is towin the Jeep) to the appointment she made at a body shop to fix a couple of things( place we bought it is paying for this) that it'd be more than ready by Friday ( we take it in on Tuesday); evidently,  guy told the wife last month it was gonna take four days . She did not ell me this until ystrdy,
[wtf]

That uninteresting bit of info was posted since Chris asked what time some of us are arriving.
Now, I have no idea of the turn around time of this body shop. I cannot be missed since it is part of agreement, but I DO know that I have a u-haul to pickup as early as opening time on Friday morning .
I will ( hopefully) be there Friday afternoon sometime.   If later I guess I will stay longer , thru Sun.

( 's'always freakin somethin'  [no2])
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2018, 09:48:44 AM »
yup; I just found-out that I had assumed that when we took the truck we recently got ( & that is towin the Jeep) to the appointment she made at a body shop to fix a couple of things( place we bought it is paying for this) that it'd be more than ready by Friday ( we take it in on Tuesday); evidently,  guy told the wife last month it was gonna take four days . She did not ell me this until ystrdy,
[wtf]

That uninteresting bit of info was posted since Chris asked what time some of us are arriving.
Now, I have no idea of the turn around time of this body shop. I cannot be missed since it is part of agreement, but I DO know that I have a u-haul to pickup as early as opening time on Friday morning .
I will ( hopefully) be there Friday afternoon sometime.   If later I guess I will stay longer , thru Sun.

Dude, body shops are notorious for not delivering on time...you better stay on their ass.

@jeeptrk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2018, 10:04:39 AM »
[wtf]

Dude, body shops are notorious for not delivering on time...you better stay on their ass.

@Jeeptrk

I know, man.

I have been boppin' along fully not considering this date co-inciding with this ride schedule and only when I was talkin to UHaul did wife remind me that " you know that body  shop has the truck all week, right? "

I would reschedule but when we bought via Carvana , they let Customer assess before final signing ; we detected that rear bumper and some minor body scratches that my shrewd business minded wife made sure THEY paid to have repaired. The first date they had was this long after we got truck ( 2 months nearly?) so I cant resched.

I am going to have her hint/mention -tactfully -  that  she "may need to be going out of town" when she drops it off on Tues
morning.There is no way it can take four days for a rear fender-panel to have a little scuff painted & a replacement bumper installed....I hope.

srry, that was as short a detailing of that as I could muster.  I use lots of words.  [btt]

Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2018, 10:09:55 AM »
@kvom
fwiw, I cut this below-comment* out of the check-In thread but I responded to your info comment on that thread ( re: you stayin at Fairfield Inn) that,

" cool. I am booked there, too."
 [slammin]

(*I realized I wasn't s'posed to reply on that thread.)
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2018, 03:39:30 PM »
All week long I've been bugging my wife to go to Morris. Her answer was always a firm no.
She asked me to let her drive on one of the tracks on the obstacle course at JF.
Now she's in for this weekend.   [slammin]

And she wants to drive on some easy stuff.  [spectator2]

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2018, 03:40:26 PM »
We may show up late Friday night but more likely to roll in early Saturday morning for a day trip.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:15:25 PM by Big Dave »

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2018, 08:32:56 PM »
[wtf]

@Jeeptrk

I know, man.

I have been boppin' along fully not considering this date co-inciding with this ride schedule and only when I was talkin to UHaul did wife remind me that " you know that body  shop has the truck all week, right? "

I would reschedule but when we bought via Carvana , they let Customer assess before final signing ; we detected that rear bumper and some minor body scratches that my shrewd business minded wife made sure THEY paid to have repaired. The first date they had was this long after we got truck ( 2 months nearly?) so I cant resched.

I am going to have her hint/mention -tactfully -  that  she "may need to be going out of town" when she drops it off on Tues
morning.There is no way it can take four days for a rear fender-panel to have a little scuff painted & a replacement bumper installed....I hope.

srry, that was as short a detailing of that as I could muster.  I use lots of words.  [btt]

They should be paying for your rental. Just use the rental truck.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2018, 09:35:40 PM »
We're in. Will be showing up a little late on Saturday though. May not get to wheel but looking foward to camping and sitting at a fire telling/hearing some stories.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2018, 09:50:34 PM »
Got the green light for a day trip Saturday. Traveling for work this week so as long as it’s dry I’ll make the trip out on Saturday!
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM