BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: SEPTEMBER 7th - 9th - MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND : DISCUSSION  (Read 5865 times)

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
Re: SEPTEMBER 7th - 9th - MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND : DISCUSSION
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2018, 07:03:55 AM »
yup; I just found-out that I had assumed that when we took the truck we recently got ( & that is towin the Jeep) to the appointment she made at a body shop to fix a couple of things( place we bought it is paying for this) that it'd be more than ready by Friday ( we take it in on Tuesday); evidently,  guy told the wife last month it was gonna take four days . She did not ell me this until ystrdy,
[wtf]

That uninteresting bit of info was posted since Chris asked what time some of us are arriving.
Now, I have no idea of the turn around time of this body shop. I cannot be missed since it is part of agreement, but I DO know that I have a u-haul to pickup as early as opening time on Friday morning .
I will ( hopefully) be there Friday afternoon sometime.   If later I guess I will stay longer , thru Sun.

( 's'always freakin somethin'  [no2])
Dude, body shops are notorious for not delivering on time...you better stay on their ass.

@Jeeptrk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I know, man.

I have been boppin' along fully not considering this date co-inciding with this ride schedule and only when I was talkin to UHaul did wife remind me that " you know that body  shop has the truck all week, right? "

I would reschedule but when we bought via Carvana , they let Customer assess before final signing ; we detected that rear bumper and some minor body scratches that my shrewd business minded wife made sure THEY paid to have repaired. The first date they had was this long after we got truck ( 2 months nearly?) so I cant resched.

I am going to have her hint/mention -tactfully -  that  she "may need to be going out of town" when she drops it off on Tues
morning.There is no way it can take four days for a rear fender-panel to have a little scuff painted & a replacement bumper installed....I hope.

srry, that was as short a detailing of that as I could muster.  I use lots of words.  [btt]

They should be paying for your rental. Just use the rental truck.

yeah, if you know what we ( she) went through just to get this & have them repair it ( I could go into specifics but basically if you can see any damage on their online, "360" high def view, it is agreed that it was "as is" ...well, you could only see this unidentified damage if you zoomed fully in at  highest res and as-such, they are paying for a rather costly fix; the 12 dollar uber to her office from the body shop is a small price considering ,altho you're correct about the rental , that is one of the drawbacks to using a newer, online car dealer solution that is really treating us fairly. Others have not or would not have gotten this stuff fixed; they want us gone,lol.
Jeffery
コlllllllコ '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2018, 08:42:57 AM »
Not sure if anyone is headed to Morris on Thursday but just saw this from Central Alabama CBS42 Birmingham TV Station

"Tropical Storm Gordon made landfall last night near the Alabama/Mississippi state line, bringing with it heavy rain and gusty wind. While we won't see a direct impact from what's left of Gordon, as the low pressure area tracks off to the west, we'll still see waves of showers and storms impact Central Alabama today. Most of the rain we see will just be downpours, but a few embedded thunderstorms are possible with heavy rain and gusty wind. While we don't expect widespread severe weather, one or two of the storms could cause some damaging wind gusts.

With a tropical airmass in place, and the remnants of Gordon still bringing in lots of unstable air from the Gulf and East Coast, another round of showers and storms is likely for Thursday. Just like Wednesday, some thunderstorms are possible that could be strong, so please be aware of the risks the next couple of days.

Gordon's influence should be long gone by Friday and Saturday, with rain chances back in the highly isolated category. With rain chances low, we'll see more sunshine and highs returning to the upper 80s."

---should keep the dust down.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2018, 05:19:23 PM »
Sounds like GATR Fest. We still had a awesome time.

So, if I read it right, we have the entire park to ourselves?

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2018, 09:00:36 PM »
Sounds like GATR Fest. We still had a awesome time.

So, if I read it right, we have the entire park to ourselves?

I hope so. I just booked at Fairfield Inn. I知 really looking forward to this ride.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2018, 09:23:02 AM »
Were gonna try out the Best Value in Heflin.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2018, 03:07:36 PM »
Weather looks great.  I have too much going on with work and on the family front this weekend, so I won't make it.  I hope everyone has a great time.  Be safe.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2018, 04:42:34 PM »
https://www.iweathernet.com/total-rainfall-map-24-hours-to-72-hours

Looking at the rainfall totals it doesn't look like Morris got too much rain. Should be just enough to tack things up. I haven't been in over two years so I'm excited. I am now probably only going to be there saturday but leave early enough to get home in time for the Dogs game. See you guys there .  [slammin]
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2018, 05:02:57 PM »
Planning to leave town first thing in the morning. Should be at Morris by 9 local and set up by 10am local ready to wheel. Anyone else going to be there that early?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2018, 05:16:35 PM »
I知 off tomorrow, but I知 coming from hiawassee, so I have to deal with atl traffic to get there that early
I知 thinking 10-11 Alabama time ish
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2018, 05:31:36 PM »
Firewood anyone?
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
SEPTEMBER 7th - 9th - MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND : DISCUSSION
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2018, 05:42:54 PM »
I致e got a tub I知 bringing

Of firewood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 06:54:33 PM by Chris36l »

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2018, 06:05:11 PM »
https://www.iweathernet.com/total-rainfall-map-24-hours-to-72-hours

Looking at the rainfall totals it doesn't look like Morris got too much rain. Should be just enough to tack things up. I haven't been in over two years so I'm excited. I am now probably only going to be there saturday but leave early enough to get home in time for the Dogs game. See you guys there .  [slammin]
The game starts at 3. Not gonna stay long, are ya?

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM