CLASSIFIEDS > Wanted

LJ Soft Top (or at least frame)

<< < (2/2)

clark123456:

--- Quote from: TravisMac on September 25, 2018, 10:00:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jeeptrk on September 25, 2018, 09:52:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: TravisMac on September 25, 2018, 09:17:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jeeptrk on September 25, 2018, 09:08:19 AM ---so you already bought an LJ? Is it built, or a builder? Good luck on the soft top hardware, parts for these are like finding hens teeth. You should prob just look at new Trek tops, they are frameless.

--- End quote ---

Then I have to worry about the cage. Hoping I can find the frame/hardware before I resort to buying new

--- End quote ---

what about the cage? on any top you have to worry about it fitting around the cage

--- End quote ---

If its anything like my frameless was for my JK, you need the cage to hold the rear bow. If it's not in the right place the top wont be tight

--- End quote ---
No rear bow if your cage matches the lines of the factory 'cage', but you need a cage to support the frameless top.  TJ/LJ life is so much simpler than JK life...

Blue J:
What do you need a top for?
Just put a piece of sheet metal on it and call it done!

8lugLJ:

--- Quote from: Jeeptrk on September 25, 2018, 09:08:19 AM ---so you already bought an LJ? Is it built, or a builder? Good luck on the soft top hardware, parts for these are like finding hens teeth. You should prob just look at new Trek tops, they are frameless.

--- End quote ---

Then I have to worry about the cage. Hoping I can find the frame/hardware before I resort to buying new

--- End quote ---

what about the cage? on any top you have to worry about it fitting around the cage

--- End quote ---

If its anything like my frameless was for my JK, you need the cage to hold the rear bow. If it's not in the right place the top wont be tight

--- End quote ---

you are correct, and if you jump the gun on a cage like i did when i built mine your top will be fd for life. So, you have either bought a wreck that needs a cage and top or you are well into build plans, care to explain?

TravisMac:

--- Quote from: Jeeptrk on September 25, 2018, 02:48:58 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

you are correct, and if you jump the gun on a cage like i did when i built mine your top will be fd for life. So, you have either bought a wreck that needs a cage and top or you are well into build plans, care to explain?

--- End quote ---

Exactly what I'm trying to avoid :)

New build thread is up. Going to sell the hardtop so i'm trying to find a used soft top

TravisMac:
Found one in AZ for super cheap. I’ll be out there for work next week so timing couldn’t have worked out better!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version