BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: LJ Soft Top (or at least frame)  (Read 828 times)

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
LJ Soft Top (or at least frame)
« on: September 25, 2018, 08:41:05 AM »
Just like it says :)

Need an LJ soft top (including hardware) or at least just hardware!
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
Re: LJ Soft Top (or at least frame)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 09:08:19 AM »
so you already bought an LJ? Is it built, or a builder? Good luck on the soft top hardware, parts for these are like finding hens teeth. You should prob just look at new Trek tops, they are frameless.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 09:17:37 AM »
so you already bought an LJ? Is it built, or a builder? Good luck on the soft top hardware, parts for these are like finding hens teeth. You should prob just look at new Trek tops, they are frameless.

Then I have to worry about the cage. Hoping I can find the frame/hardware before I resort to buying new
Travis Macdonald

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 09:52:28 AM »

Then I have to worry about the cage. Hoping I can find the frame/hardware before I resort to buying new

what about the cage? on any top you have to worry about it fitting around the cage

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 10:00:22 AM »

what about the cage? on any top you have to worry about it fitting around the cage

If its anything like my frameless was for my JK, you need the cage to hold the rear bow. If it's not in the right place the top wont be tight
Travis Macdonald

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 11:27:45 AM »

If its anything like my frameless was for my JK, you need the cage to hold the rear bow. If it's not in the right place the top wont be tight
No rear bow if your cage matches the lines of the factory 'cage', but you need a cage to support the frameless top.  TJ/LJ life is so much simpler than JK life...
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 02:43:15 PM »
What do you need a top for?
Just put a piece of sheet metal on it and call it done!
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 02:48:58 PM »

you are correct, and if you jump the gun on a cage like i did when i built mine your top will be fd for life. So, you have either bought a wreck that needs a cage and top or you are well into build plans, care to explain?

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 03:33:56 PM »

you are correct, and if you jump the gun on a cage like i did when i built mine your top will be fd for life. So, you have either bought a wreck that needs a cage and top or you are well into build plans, care to explain?

Exactly what I'm trying to avoid :)

New build thread is up. Going to sell the hardtop so i'm trying to find a used soft top
Travis Macdonald

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 07:36:02 PM »
Found one in AZ for super cheap. I’ll be out there for work next week so timing couldn’t have worked out better!
Travis Macdonald

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM