BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Speedo calibration and TPM  (Read 1362 times)

Offline holabird

• Visitor
Speedo calibration and TPM
« on: October 26, 2018, 10:35:48 AM »
Hello,  Just picked up my first Jeep.  I have a lot to learn and figured this would be a good place to get help and ideas.  I am checking to see who has the device to change the speedometer calibration for a bigger set of tires.  I can buy one but I am sure somebody out there has one that I can use or rent. 

I also need a set of tire pressure monitors.  I bought some tires but need to get a set of pressure monitors.

Thanks in advance for the help.  I am in Marietta.

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Speedo calibration and TPM
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 11:01:41 AM »
Hello,  Just picked up my first Jeep.  I have a lot to learn and figured this would be a good place to get help and ideas.  I am checking to see who has the device to change the speedometer calibration for a bigger set of tires.  I can buy one but I am sure somebody out there has one that I can use or rent. 

I also need a set of tire pressure monitors.  I bought some tires but need to get a set of pressure monitors.

Thanks in advance for the help.  I am in Marietta.

What year jeep?

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 12:22:39 PM »
I'm assuming this is for a JK - if so you will not be able to use someone else's speedo tool. They're tied to the VIN and will not let you use it on more than one vehicle
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 01:09:15 PM »
Don't know what you mean by speedo tool? You will need to buy a programmer for your jeep. Bullydog or one of the other brands.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline holabird

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 10:50:11 AM »
Its a 2018 JK.  Sounds like I will have to buy a calibrator since it is tied to the VIN.  Thanks for the info.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM