BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Security system suggestions  (Read 504 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Security system suggestions
« on: October 16, 2018, 09:29:05 PM »
I've had Brinks/ADT for years. The only reason I keep it is for the fire alarm part and for my wife to have a panic button to police.

The system is broken and needs an upgrade. I can get them to do it for free but would have to sign a 3 years ar contract.

Anyone have an alternative? I have Blink cameras as well. Thinking about Simply Safe or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Security system suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 10:26:03 PM »
EMC has a great deal starting at$16.95/mo.
https://emcsecurity.com

You can order the main box and keypads on Amazon, easy install since you're already wired, with no commitment, but if you want it monitored just sign up.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:32:21 PM by DOUG »

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 10:29:47 PM »
I've had Brinks/ADT for years. The only reason I keep it is for the fire alarm part and for my wife to have a panic button to police.

The system is broken and needs an upgrade. I can get them to do it for free but would have to sign a 3 years ar contract.

Anyone have an alternative? I have Blink cameras as well. Thinking about Simply Safe or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I switched to SimpliSafe and it’s been great.  Web and mobile apps are so much better than ADT IMO.  I had been with ADT for many years.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 08:29:18 AM »
I checked many different options and was going to go with SimpliSafe.  I called ADT to cancel my service and they tried to get me to stay buy offering to replace my current system with an updated ADT Pulse system for $279 and $50 a month monitoring.  I told them no thanks.  They connected me to another guy.  He asked what he could do to keep my business.  I told him to replace my entire system with all new ADT Pulse stuff and keep my monitoring at $30 per month.  He put me on hold three times and came back and said they’d do it.  Then I asked him to throw in a camera.  I get put on hold again and came back and said they’d include a Ring doorbell camera for free.  They come out to install everything Wednesday.  I’m happy with the deal and didn’t have to come out of pocket $800 for the SS equipment.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 11:44:34 AM »
I checked many different options and was going to go with SimpliSafe.  I called ADT to cancel my service and they tried to get me to stay buy offering to replace my current system with an updated ADT Pulse system for $279 and $50 a month monitoring.  I told them no thanks.  They connected me to another guy.  He asked what he could do to keep my business.  I told him to replace my entire system with all new ADT Pulse stuff and keep my monitoring at $30 per month.  He put me on hold three times and came back and said they’d do it.  Then I asked him to throw in a camera.  I get put on hold again and came back and said they’d include a Ring doorbell camera for free.  They come out to install everything Wednesday.  I’m happy with the deal and didn’t have to come out of pocket $800 for the SS equipment.
Very nice!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM