SHOP TALK > Wrench Day

Speedo calibration and TPM

(1/1)

holabird:
Hello,  Just picked up my first Jeep.  I have a lot to learn and figured this would be a good place to get help and ideas.  I am checking to see who has the device to change the speedometer calibration for a bigger set of tires.  I can buy one but I am sure somebody out there has one that I can use or rent. 

I also need a set of tire pressure monitors.  I bought some tires but need to get a set of pressure monitors.

Thanks in advance for the help.  I am in Marietta.

patman:

--- Quote from: holabird on October 26, 2018, 10:35:48 AM ---Hello,  Just picked up my first Jeep.  I have a lot to learn and figured this would be a good place to get help and ideas.  I am checking to see who has the device to change the speedometer calibration for a bigger set of tires.  I can buy one but I am sure somebody out there has one that I can use or rent. 

I also need a set of tire pressure monitors.  I bought some tires but need to get a set of pressure monitors.

Thanks in advance for the help.  I am in Marietta.

--- End quote ---

What year jeep?

TravisMac:
I'm assuming this is for a JK - if so you will not be able to use someone else's speedo tool. They're tied to the VIN and will not let you use it on more than one vehicle

ranier1315:
Don't know what you mean by speedo tool? You will need to buy a programmer for your jeep. Bullydog or one of the other brands.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

holabird:
Its a 2018 JK.  Sounds like I will have to buy a calibrator since it is tied to the VIN.  Thanks for the info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version