BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Jeep Batteries  (Read 1273 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: Jeep Batteries
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2018, 01:48:27 PM »
I went to 4WP on Friday to have them test the battery.  At this point, it wouldn’t even start my Jeep.  They tested it and said it was bad but needed to charge it and retest.  Had to wait almost an hour before it failed the second test.  Guy said the battery only had a 3 year warranty.  I said, great, it’s only been 2.  He said the battery date of manufacture was Jan 2015.  I laughed and told him it was purchased 8/16/16 so the 3 years started at that date.  He actually had to call corporate to get a ruling.  He couldn’t get corporate on the phone and the manager approved the replacement. 

The battery was replaced at zero cost to me.  This will be the last Odyssey battery I buy though.  Too much trouble having to rely on exclusive dealers when I can get an AGM battery from Advance.

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2018, 02:23:16 PM »
I’m sure the discussion about warranty period was a civil one... I’d not have been very kind with that moron.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2018, 02:31:00 PM »
I’m sure the discussion about warranty period was a civil one... I’d not have been very kind with that moron.

Surprisingly, it was civil.  I usually don’t have patience for that kind of stupid, but it was so far fetched that it was funny.  He said “I’m on your side” which made it even funnier. 

The strange thing is that I could have multiple vehicles with the same odyssey battery and they don’t verify by anything but the model number.  At least the new battery had a sticker on the top to remove the month and year.

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2018, 03:03:05 PM »
I just saved $47.50 on a new AGM battery from Advanced with the code below.

Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2018, 07:47:11 AM »
I don't mean to yank the conversation topic in a different direction however the talk of battery preference & dependability + how important having reliable ( or redundant ) batteries compels me to mention this. I didn't want to add the weight of a 2nd battery & couldn't stand the idea if being someplace ( pre-GaTR membership) alone & without some CCAs , so I carry one of these. https://no.co/gb70

It has more than paid for itself , particularly with the older XJ and YJ , not to mention others . Some of you might have seen me air all four tires up after wheeling with only it powering my compressor. I can run my rocklights with it or KK & I can charge our cellphones while we sleep in the tent w it.
The thing could jump every Jeep in the club on a single charge. It'stored in the rear cubby .  There's cheaper Chinese ones but this is a cool product for backup to your batteries ,fwiw.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline rippinlips2win

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2018, 08:59:31 AM »
Curious question...the battery that came in the XJ build I am doing with my son seems to be too tall and hits the padding under the hood. is there a way to change the battery tray or lower it that is not too work intensive?

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2018, 06:15:11 PM »
Curious question...the battery that came in the XJ build I am doing with my son seems to be too tall and hits the padding under the hood. is there a way to change the battery tray or lower it that is not too work intensive?

If it's only the padding that's contacting the leads and j-bolts you could just trim the hood liner and wrap the edges in thermal tape ...I've modified & ultimately thrown away 3of those things over the years. But I've also cut one to clear an air intake successfully before as well as modded one for the louvers I installed on my JK long ago.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline rippinlips2win

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2018, 07:42:18 AM »
I considered putting my hood vents over it, thank you.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM