BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Banks/Money Management  (Read 1028 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Banks/Money Management
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 07:33:10 AM »
Good solid advice here from everybody. Looks like I have some options to explore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You might want to look at offers on bankrate.com.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 07:33:48 AM »
I use a local credit union for some banking.

Citibank for an online savings account.  I like that they allow for sub-accounts for different goals.

Schwab for online checking, savings, investments...this is where my paycheck gets direct deposited.

Fidelity for 401K

I have been very pleased with Schwab checking.  Never had a single problem with them and as JC mentioned, I can use any ATM...while I do get charged the fee at withdrawal, the fee is credited back at month end.  I think I have been with Schwab checking for 10 years now.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 08:16:15 AM »

Citibank for an online savings account.  I like that they allow for sub-accounts for different goals.

Schwab for online checking, savings, investments...this is where my paycheck gets direct deposited.

Fidelity for 401K

I have been very pleased with Schwab checking.  Never had a single problem with them and as JC mentioned, I can use any ATM...while I do get charged the fee at withdrawal, the fee is credited back at month end.  I think I have been with Schwab checking for 10 years now.
For Schwab:  Is there any limit to how much cash you get out of an ATM at one time, or per day?  Do you have a real ATM card, or a debit card?
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 08:21:23 AM »

Fidelity for 401K

For Schwab:  Is there any limit to how much cash you get out of an ATM at one time, or per day?  Do you have a real ATM card, or a debit card?

$1K daily limit

When you say ATM vs. Debit...you would call a debit card a Visa branded card?  It is a Debit card

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 08:29:47 AM »

Fidelity for 401K

$1K daily limit

When you say ATM vs. Debit...you would call a debit card a Visa branded card?  It is a Debit card
I will look into Schwab once I close the SunTrust account.  I'd like to have the no fee ATM for when I am not near a Chase ATM.

I despise debit cards (Visa or MC logo cash card)...it's an unnecessary financial risk, but I guess I can limit overall risk by keeping a relatively small balance in that account.

It looks like I have to open a brokerage account in order to be able to open a checking account.

Thx
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 10:29:33 AM »
We’ve been with Wells (First Union, Wachovia, etc.) for years and have been satisfied with their service.  Been working with the same investment guy there for 15 years.  He’s in Charlotte and comes to see us every year when he’s in Roswell visiting family.  He handles investments, short term savings, and our rollover IRAs.  We also have checking and savings with them.  Fees a minimal with the type of account we have (can’t remember the name). 

Anyone invest in precious metals or non-market equities?

I’ve been thinking about taking all of our money and investing with this dude named Marty Byrde.  Hear he’s really good with moving cash.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 10:30:46 AM »

Fidelity for 401K

$1K daily limit

I will look into Schwab once I close the SunTrust account.  I'd like to have the no fee ATM for when I am not near a Chase ATM.

I despise debit cards (Visa or MC logo cash card)...it's an unnecessary financial risk, but I guess I can limit overall risk by keeping a relatively small balance in that account.

It looks like I have to open a brokerage account in order to be able to open a checking account.

Thx

In case you don't know, you can set any daily limit you want on your debit cards if you call the bank. I think some places can also limit transaction types to atm only.

In Atlanta we used State bank. At the time they had didnt charge for ATM use and reimbursed all fees incurred if you went elsewhere. May still be the same.

We ditched them when we moved since they didnt have a local office, but now they do. Would have kept them otherwise

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 10:32:05 AM »
We’ve been with Wells (First Union, Wachovia, etc.) for years and have been satisfied with their service.  Been working with the same investment guy there for 15 years.  He’s in Charlotte and comes to see us every year when he’s in Roswell visiting family.  He handles investments, short term savings, and our rollover IRAs.  We also have checking and savings with them.  Fees a minimal with the type of account we have (can’t remember the name). 

I’ve been thinking about taking all of our money and investing with this dude named Marty Byrde.  Hear he’s really good with moving cash.

I saw 15 min of that show this weekend, so I get the joke :)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 10:34:14 AM »

I saw 15 min of that show this weekend, so I get the joke :)

Filmed at Lake Allatoona

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 11:51:42 AM »
And Lake Lanier
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 05:02:39 PM »
Damn good show.

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 06:51:12 PM »
There were quite a few folks on the show in tank tops...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM