OTHER INTERESTS > Getting in shape

Getting in shape 2019

<< < (3/10) > >>

Mortalis5509:

--- Quote from: patman on January 06, 2019, 01:31:47 PM ---I've put on a few extra pounds the past 2 months due to the holidays. Was really hoping for another weight loss challenge so I could win some more $$$, but looks like my gym isn't doing it. Guess I'll have to lose the weight without a financial incentive this time...

--- End quote ---
Seen that website where you can bet how much you loose over time? I have to find the name of it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BigPrince:

--- Quote from: patman on January 06, 2019, 01:31:47 PM ---I've put on a few extra pounds the past 2 months due to the holidays. Was really hoping for another weight loss challenge so I could win some more $$$, but looks like my gym isn't doing it. Guess I'll have to lose the weight without a financial incentive this time...

--- End quote ---

Seems like there is enough activity here - What about?

- GATR Weight Loss Challenge -

- 3 Weigh-ins in 2019 -

- 1st Weigh-in -
MARCH : 22nd – 24th
AOP - CRAWLING FOR REID

- 2nd Weigh-in -
AUGUST : 23rd – 25th 
Chocco GATR-FEST

- 3rd & Final Weigh-in -
DECEMBER : 7th
BLACK MOOSE GATR-CLAUS

Top % Weight lost.  Measured on same scale for everyone at each weigh-in.  Must be present.

$50 buy-in

- 1st Weigh-in -
1st Place - $100
2nd Place - $50
3rd Place - $25

- 2nd Weigh-in -
1st Place - $100
2nd Place - $50
3rd Place - $25

- 3rd & Final 2019 Weigh-in -
Champion - $500
Runner-Up - $250
3rd Place - $100

Would need 24 entries for the above dollar amounts @ $50ea or it can be adjusted - more per entry or less per win.  Key is this to be financially and boastfully motivational.

Thoughts?

patman:
Sounds fun and I'd enjoy taking everyone's money :)

My schedule, however... new baby July 1st, so chocco would be tentative, and black moose is a long way to go for a day trip.

BigPrince:

--- Quote from: patman on January 06, 2019, 01:50:28 PM ---Sounds fun and I'd enjoy taking everyone's money :)

My schedule, however... new baby July 1st, so chocco would be tentative, and black moose is a long way to go for a day trip.

--- End quote ---

Could always go to Chocco/Morris/AOP after/before AND/OR it's a $500 day trip if you think you've got it...
the weigh-in rides could be changed. Just throwing it out there on major club rides.  We have the distinct piggyback opportunity of already having the ride schedule out there.

Blue J:

--- Quote from: Mortalis5509 on January 06, 2019, 01:02:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: Blue J on January 06, 2019, 11:49:08 AM ---I’m still holding at #245 trying to get back on it and towards my goal of #220.
Ran a 5k New Year’s Day or I ran a Mile and a half and walked a mile and a half. Yesterday I ran a mile and am working up to being able to run 2 and eventually a full 5k. But I’m planning on running at least a mile a day.

The key for me has been to cut out all bread, rice, potatoes, crackers and to have a smoothie or eggs for breakfast. Soup or Salad for lunch and Veggies and quinoas with some sort of protein for dinner. The weight has really come off by following a 1500 calorie diet.

--- End quote ---
You are really close to a keto diet. Look at that. Smoothies in general have a lot if sugar. My breakfast today was effs whites with cheese and bacon. Carbs for the day are around 35 grams and fat content is high.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Thanks.

My smoothie recipe
12oz almond or soy milk unsweetened
1 scoop UCAN protein powder
Spoonful of peanut butter
Handful of spinach
2/3 cup blueberries
1” Frozen banana
Shot of soy creamer
3-4 ice cubes.
Makes 24-32 oz depends on if I add too much ice. -200 Calories

Snacks are 100 calorie packs of Almonds or Cashews. (2 per day total)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version