BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JANUARY 11th - 13th : MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - DISCUSSION  (Read 4833 times)

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
Re: JANUARY 11th - 13th : MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - DISCUSSION
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 09:13:23 PM »
First time wheeling Morris Mountain and with the GA trailriders group. Any pro tips for getting into park or tips for wheeling with the group? Outside of the normal riding rules and required trail equipment.

It’s a pay box so bring cash (I think it’s $20?). Also the “facilities” are very primal so you may want to throw some toilet paper and hand sanitizer in the Jeep
Primal may be the best description yet. Haha. As for pro tips on getting into the park, turn right at the sign for the park and head on up to the pavilion. Should be where everyone is meeting up. I think the park is ours for the weekend so anyone there will be GATR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 09:38:30 PM »
First time wheeling Morris Mountain and with the GA trailriders group. Any pro tips for getting into park or tips for wheeling with the group? Outside of the normal riding rules and required trail equipment.

It’s a pay box so bring cash (I think it’s $20?). Also the “facilities” are very primal so you may want to throw some toilet paper and hand sanitizer in the Jeep

Incredibly wise advice. Heck, you may just bring your own shovel & dig a latrine,for safety ; I'm pretty sure that a 2foot in diameter, brown-widow-scorpion-recluse-tarantula was scopin'-out a way to leap on my bits while I was in that bathroom the last time ...
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 09:39:25 PM »
Anyone have a extra handheld radio I can use

I have an extra rugged radio handheld if that's what you're looking for.
That will work lol

Zack

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 09:45:12 PM »

Incredibly wise advice. Heck, you may just bring your own shovel & dig a latrine,for safety ; I'm pretty sure that a 2foot in diameter, brown-widow-scorpion-recluse-tarantula was scopin'-out a way to leap on my bits while I was in that bathroom the last time ...

These were my 3am creepers on the last ride. Yep, that’s a momma and baby mouse. They kept popping around the corner creepin on me while I was exercising the demons from mellow mushroom........

Offline ILOVEDIRT

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 10:12:35 PM »

These were my 3am creepers on the last ride. Yep, that’s a momma and baby mouse. They kept popping around the corner creepin on me while I was exercising the demons from mellow mushroom........

Right. So.... pack the flamethrower. Check. And with that information GF said I'm 100 percent on my own. Lol. So I'm without a voice of reason.
Drew Mumford

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 10:59:50 PM »

Right. So.... pack the flamethrower. Check. And with that information GF said I'm 100 percent on my own. Lol. So I'm without a voice of reason.

Rule #2: Never tell them the negatives. You can apologize later.

Offline Jk2016Tj1999

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 11:41:18 PM »
Looks like this won't be my chance to get in on a ride with y'all. Just read the rules and they won't allow my 17 year old daughter to drive her Jeep so no Morris mountain for us. Maybe some other ride will work out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 06:23:07 AM »
Looks like this won't be my chance to get in on a ride with y'all. Just read the rules and they won't allow my 17 year old daughter to drive her Jeep so no Morris mountain for us. Maybe some other ride will work out.

I'm 99% sure that rule is not enforced (and I've never heard of that...) since ive seen kids drive at most parks as soon as they could reach the pedals. Like, 9 year olds

Speaking specifically to Morris, I've never seen the owners or anyone who actually "works" there. It's mostly an unmanned property with a pay box and the honor system
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 06:25:03 AM by patman »

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 07:09:49 AM »

I'm 99% sure that rule is not enforced (and I've never heard of that...) since ive seen kids drive at most parks as soon as they could reach the pedals. Like, 9 year olds

Speaking specifically to Morris, I've never seen the owners or anyone who actually "works" there. It's mostly an unmanned property with a pay box and the honor system
^^^this^^^

I’ve seen children ranging from 10-15 out there driving their own rigs. That’s gotta be some sort of insurance disclaimer rule. You’ll be fine!!

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 07:25:20 AM »

Don’t the rules state anyway that if a legal guardian is there they can drive???

What time are we planning on meeting at the pavilion? Trying to decide if I want to drive from Cumming in the morning or grab a cheap ass hotel down there Friday night.

Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan
17 JKU - The Other Minivan

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 07:28:29 AM »

Don’t the rules state anyway that if a legal guardian is there they can drive???

What time are we planning on meeting at the pavilion? Trying to decide if I want to drive from Cumming in the morning or grab a cheap ass hotel down there Friday night.

Drivers meetings are always 9am local time (park local time).
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 07:28:54 AM »

Drivers meetings are always 9am local time (park local time).
Duh. I remember that from AOP now lmao

Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan
17 JKU - The Other Minivan

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM