BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JANUARY 11th - 13th : MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - DISCUSSION  (Read 4826 times)

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
Re: JANUARY 11th - 13th : MORRIS MTN ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - DISCUSSION
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 07:40:37 AM »
First time wheeling Morris Mountain and with the GA trailriders group. Any pro tips for getting into park or tips for wheeling with the group? Outside of the normal riding rules and required trail equipment.

It’s a pay box so bring cash (I think it’s $20?). Also the “facilities” are very primal so you may want to throw some toilet paper and hand sanitizer in the Jeep

Incredibly wise advice. Heck, you may just bring your own shovel & dig a latrine,for safety ; I'm pretty sure that a 2foot in diameter, brown-widow-scorpion-recluse-tarantula was scopin'-out a way to leap on my bits while I was in that bathroom the last time ...

These were my 3am creepers on the last ride. Yep, that’s a momma and baby mouse. They kept popping around the corner creepin on me while I was exercising the demons from mellow mushroom........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I met those two peeping critters....

*shiver*

Lol. You got photos , ha!
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 07:46:01 AM »
Looks like this won't be my chance to get in on a ride with y'all. Just read the rules and they won't allow my 17 year old daughter to drive her Jeep so no Morris mountain for us. Maybe some other ride will work out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm 99% sure that rule is not enforced (and I've never heard of that...) since ive seen kids drive at most parks as soon as they could reach the pedals. Like, 9 year olds

Speaking specifically to Morris, I've never seen the owners or anyone who actually "works" there. It's mostly an unmanned property with a pay box and the honor system
^^^this^^^

I’ve seen children ranging from 10-15 out there driving their own rigs. That’s gotta be some sort of insurance disclaimer rule. You’ll be fine!!

Cadence, my daughter (& spotter in training ) just turned 15 . Since she was 9 yrs old she's been coming to every park in the S.East & drives as much as she wants . In fact , I'd bet she might get mad enough to not come if she didn't get her "lesson" .

You sign liability waivers. If you want her to drive , I honestly don't think it'll matter.  Don't sweat the small stuff; come have fun & I'm pretty sure she'll be able to drive if you ,the parent ,sign waiver..
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2019, 09:03:54 AM »
Looks like this won't be my chance to get in on a ride with y'all. Just read the rules and they won't allow my 17 year old daughter to drive her Jeep so no Morris mountain for us. Maybe some other ride will work out.

Don’t the rules state anyway that if a legal guardian is there they can drive???

What time are we planning on meeting at the pavilion? Trying to decide if I want to drive from Cumming in the morning or grab a cheap ass hotel down there Friday night.

Keep in mind, Morris is Central time, so you gain an hour on the way there. I think the drive is net 1 hour
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline Jk2016Tj1999

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2019, 10:27:40 AM »

I'm 99% sure that rule is not enforced (and I've never heard of that...) since ive seen kids drive at most parks as soon as they could reach the pedals. Like, 9 year olds

Speaking specifically to Morris, I've never seen the owners or anyone who actually "works" there. It's mostly an unmanned property with a pay box and the honor system
^^^this^^^

I’ve seen children ranging from 10-15 out there driving their own rigs. That’s gotta be some sort of insurance disclaimer rule. You’ll be fine!!

Cadence, my daughter (& spotter in training ) just turned 15 . Since she was 9 yrs old she's been coming to every park in the S.East & drives as much as she wants . In fact , I'd bet she might get mad enough to not come if she didn't get her "lesson" .

You sign liability waivers. If you want her to drive , I honestly don't think it'll matter.  Don't sweat the small stuff; come have fun & I'm pretty sure she'll be able to drive if you ,the parent ,sign waiver..
This is what it says on the website 6.  No person under the age of 18 may operate an ORV in the park. Passengers under the age of 18 must have a waiver consent signed by a parent or legal guardian

Online bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2019, 11:03:21 AM »
I have stood in the parking lot talking with Randy Morris as my buddy's son drove his jeep. Kid was 12 at the time. Randy will not care one bit. You do not see Kris very often but almost always see Randy.
Marty

Offline Jk2016Tj1999

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2019, 11:19:24 AM »
So it sounds like it's the I told you so you can't sue me statement.

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 11:22:30 AM »

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 11:23:43 AM »

Pretty much sums it up lol

Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan
17 JKU - The Other Minivan

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2019, 12:57:09 PM »
If my 15 year old comes with me, he'll be driving part of the day, so take it for what it's worth.  Yes, I think it's all about liability.  You're not getting kicked out because of it.
Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

Offline Jk2016Tj1999

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 01:12:51 PM »
Sounds like a go, if it's not pouring rain on Saturday.

Offline Jk2016Tj1999

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2019, 01:13:35 PM »
What time will y'all be meeting up on Saturday?

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2019, 01:16:29 PM »
What time will y'all be meeting up on Saturday?

9 am central time

Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan
17 JKU - The Other Minivan

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM