BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Got laid off this morning  (Read 1712 times)

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
Got laid off this morning
« on: January 21, 2019, 05:04:09 AM »
Looks like the government shut down has started to effect state level organizations. I worked as an account manager for a university in the state of Georgia, which received not only state funding but federal funding. With the government shut down the federal funding has stopped and the state funding has been restricted towards the college. I came into the office this morning (we start quite early) to learn that mine and 18 other people’s positions have been laid off indefinitely.

Yay government.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan
17 JKU - The Other Minivan

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
Re: Got laid off this morning
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 06:24:57 AM »
I will check with our HR this am see if we have any accounting positions open for manager or anything else and shoot the info in a PM if we have anything.
That would be awesome!!! Hopefully my experience is relevant. I was the manager of the vending accounts on campus so it wasn’t a book keeping per say, but more of a maintenance and management type of deal

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:04:05 PM by tjsahara00 »
Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 06:26:18 AM »
I will check with our HR this am see if we have any accounting positions open for manager or anything else and shoot the info in a PM if we have anything.
That would be awesome!!! Hopefully my experience is relevant. I was the manager of the vending accounts on campus so it wasn’t a book keeping per say, but more of a maintenance and management type of deal

NP, we do insurance, I will try and check with them around 9ish when they get in. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:03:43 PM by tjsahara00 »
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 06:26:38 AM »

NP, we do insurance, I will try and check with them around 9ish when they get in.
Thank you so much! That would be great.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:04:21 PM by tjsahara00 »
Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 06:54:30 AM »
That sucks, and I am sorry sucky leadership is impacting you and so many others. 

I don't understand why your position wasn't self-funded/self-justified...seems like someone is mucking with state and federal funds.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
Got laid off this morning
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 06:56:07 AM »
That sucks, and I am sorry sucky leadership is impacting you and so many others. 

I don't understand why your position wasn't self-funded/self-justified...seems like someone is mucking with state and federal funds.
My best guess is that they had to cut things that they didn’t see as 100% vital to the operation of the university. And vending machines are a nice luxury to have, but not vital for the university to function.

We were spending well over 6 million a year on the machines and product for them

Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 07:04:00 AM »

My best guess is that they had to cut things that they didn’t see as 100% vital to the operation of the university. And vending machines are a nice luxury to have, but not vital for the university to function.

We were spending well over 6 million a year on the machines and product for them

So, cutting you allows some research (our something else) to continue...Interesting, but sucky.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 07:06:00 AM »

So, cutting you allows some research (our something else) to continue...Interesting, but sucky.
Who knows what the real reason is. Part of me feels like they were using that as a “valid” excuse to cut the crew but another part of me says it’s about something else. Oh well, it is what it is and the fact is it doesn’t matter why I was cut, it’s the fact that i was cut.

Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 08:13:47 AM »
I am sorry you experienced that out of the blue , Ryan . At least there are jobs out there presently.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline longarmwj

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 08:15:20 AM »
I am sorry you experienced that out of the blue , Ryan . At least there are jobs out there presently.
Right? I don’t understand why they couldn’t have told us Friday night after we were done verses waiting until this morning. Drove all the way to Atlanta only to find out. Then drove alllll the way back to cumming.

Ryan
03 WJ - The Minivan

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 08:29:32 AM »
Right? I don’t understand why they couldn’t have told us Friday night after we were done verses waiting until this morning. Drove all the way to Atlanta only to find out. Then drove alllll the way back to cumming.

Yea, that sounds very stupid. I doubt they found out this morning you were being cut.

Hopefully things turn around quickly for you one way or another.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 08:42:48 AM »
Really sorry to hear this.  I hope you hook up with a new job quick. 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM