BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Hydro assist  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
Re: Hydro assist
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 11:35:24 AM »
Ironic you posted this at 8:00... at 7:00 I was researching systems... I found the PSC is offering a gear box alone that has a larger sector shaft and piston (equal to a 2500/3500 Ram)  and they claim the box and new pump could eliminate the need for the full hydro assist kit. Once you look at the pricing for the Box ($1350), Pump ($525), Cooler/PSI hose ($130) Return hose ($60) you are into it for $2065 vs the big bore PSC kit for $2584. 
It certainly is a battle and I was thinking of going hybrid as well, which seems to be working well for many.

I have the WTO in my JK. Its good for the $$. I am sure the PSC is better. I looked at the Big Bore system too and went with the price performer.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 11:42:45 AM »
Pros and Cons between WTO and PSC

You can get a jump start on a hybrid system:
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,18005.0.html

From what I found, regardless TJ or JK, the cylinders are all about the same. The guy at PSC even said the RNR and theirs were equals.  All you would need is a pump, cooler and some mounting and you would just about be done.
JK-AJ

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 12:23:33 PM »
Ironic you posted this at 8:00... at 7:00 I was researching systems... I found the PSC is offering a gear box alone that has a larger sector shaft and piston (equal to a 2500/3500 Ram)  and they claim the box and new pump could eliminate the need for the full hydro assist kit. Once you look at the pricing for the Box ($1350), Pump ($525), Cooler/PSI hose ($130) Return hose ($60) you are into it for $2065 vs the big bore PSC kit for $2584. 
It certainly is a battle and I was thinking of going hybrid as well, which seems to be working well for many.

Save $600...
https://www.pscmotorsports.com/garage-sale/07-18-jeep-jk-4-door-steering-gear-box-ported-for-cylinder-assist-delphi-version-21937.html

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 12:27:00 PM »
According to WTO a cooler is not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline thetastelingers

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 01:36:58 PM »

You can try it without a cooler, but while you're in there, may as well add one. It definitely can't hurt.
------------------------------------------------------------------
If at once you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 05:36:05 PM »
Thank you
I appreciate all the feed back !!!

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2019, 06:13:21 PM »

From what I found, regardless TJ or JK, the cylinders are all about the same. The guy at PSC even said the RNR and theirs were equals.  All you would need is a pump, cooler and some mounting and you would just about be done.

The RNR is not the same stroke or diameter as the PSC.  I would suggest they are not mixable as flow volume of components will potentially not match the stroke/bore diameter potentially causing the trouble at idle/slow speeds or at higher rpms.

Be careful,  that big bore has been reported to interfere with a lot around it for clearance.

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2019, 09:01:34 PM »

The RNR is not the same stroke or diameter as the PSC.  I would suggest they are not mixable as flow volume of components will potentially not match the stroke/bore diameter potentially causing the trouble at idle/slow speeds or at higher rpms.

Be careful,  that big bore has been reported to interfere with a lot around it for clearance.
This steering box does not work for my year TJ !    Mine is a 99

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2019, 10:12:08 PM »

This steering box does not work for my year TJ !    Mine is a 99

Agreed.  Didn't want anyone else to read this thread later and not hear that other information.  Have a drink :)  [cheers]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 10:14:12 PM by BigPrince »

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2019, 11:45:58 PM »

Why not? Fluid does break down due to temperature. Same as filters for these systems. They should be changed out becuase wear metal floating around is the system isnt good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2019, 12:15:17 AM »

Why not? Fluid does break down due to temperature. Same as filters for these systems. They should be changed out becuase wear metal floating around is the system isnt good.

Just repeating what the rep at WTO said on the phone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2019, 12:18:22 AM »

Just repeating what the rep at WTO said on the phone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It wasn't directed at you per say, but just an out loud thought / statement.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM