BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Hydro assist  (Read 1046 times)

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Hydro assist
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2019, 06:44:51 AM »
Pros and Cons between WTO and PSC

You can get a jump start on a hybrid system:
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,18005.0.html

From what I found, regardless TJ or JK, the cylinders are all about the same. The guy at PSC even said the RNR and theirs were equals.  All you would need is a pump, cooler and some mounting and you would just about be done.

The RNR is not the same stroke or diameter as the PSC.  I would suggest they are not mixable as flow volume of components will potentially not match the stroke/bore diameter potentially causing the trouble at idle/slow speeds or at higher rpms.
PSC did make a 1.5” bore, 6.75” stroke ram (same as wto uses) but has since switched to the 1.75” bore on the jk system. I was able to get one of the 1.5s by calling them. Probably only good for the bling factor, but I figured the seals etc... were likely higher quality
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2019, 07:38:39 AM »
Pros and Cons between WTO and PSC

You can get a jump start on a hybrid system:
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,18005.0.html

From what I found, regardless TJ or JK, the cylinders are all about the same. The guy at PSC even said the RNR and theirs were equals.  All you would need is a pump, cooler and some mounting and you would just about be done.

The RNR is not the same stroke or diameter as the PSC.  I would suggest they are not mixable as flow volume of components will potentially not match the stroke/bore diameter potentially causing the trouble at idle/slow speeds or at higher rpms.
PSC did make a 1.5” bore, 6.75” stroke ram (same as wto uses) but has since switched to the 1.75” bore on the jk system. I was able to get one of the 1.5s by calling them. Probably only good for the bling factor, but I figured the seals etc... were likely higher quality

PSC designed and imports thier cylinders and supplies WTO theirs, or at least I know they used to.

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2019, 10:36:17 AM »
I ran the WTO package and drilled stock pump on the JKU. Eventually my ram started to leak, so I switched to a PSC ram.  No issues at all. I had the slight strating delay occasionally in parking lots, but it never bothered me.
Jay

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2019, 12:22:49 PM »
According to WTO a cooler is not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can try it without a cooler, but while you're in there, may as well add one. It definitely can't hurt.

I do not currently run a cooler.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2019, 01:31:14 PM »
I ran the WTO package and drilled stock pump on the JKU. Eventually my ram started to leak, so I switched to a PSC ram.  No issues at all. I had the slight strating delay occasionally in parking lots, but it never bothered me.

Hey - we're talking about a 99 TJ here. 

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2019, 01:55:07 PM »

Haha.

In that case, I'm running full PSC hydraulic steering. No issues.
Jay

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2019, 02:54:26 PM »

Haha.

In that case, I'm running full PSC hydraulic steering. No issues.

lmao lmao

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2019, 03:44:44 PM »

I didn't mean to convolute the topic or hijack a thread... I didn't realize the TJ was so much different from the JK... the fundamentals of hydraulics should be rather universal. The on road behaviors should be the only differences. 
JK-AJ

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2019, 04:30:15 PM »

You make sound so unworthy and shameful!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2019, 06:17:24 PM »
I was using a self ported 99 Durango box (non-snow plow box), PSC ram and stock tj pump with no problems at all before the LS swap. With the LS setup I will be using the same box and ram but with a GM type 2 pump, 1.25 quart remote reservoir and a dual pass cooler. I should have north of 2 quarts of fluid flowing through the system.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM