BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Trailer  (Read 1011 times)

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Trailer
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 02:15:12 PM »
PJ makes a great trailer.  Ping @BigPrince Don for advise.
That's my dream, but I'm already way over budget on the build. Most of the PJ buggy haulers i've seen are around $4k+
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 02:18:55 PM »
Check out Ace Trailers
http://www.buyacetrailers.com/

I have seen their trailers up close and they are nicely made.  The owner is a supporter of Crawling for Reid as well.

Can't say that you will find one super cheap, but you should be able to find your spec for a very fair price.

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 02:47:06 PM »
That's my dream, but I'm already way over budget on the build. Most of the PJ buggy haulers i've seen are around $4k+
I paid 3200 out the door for my buggy hauler through trailers for less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 02:56:46 PM »

I look through their site but haven't talked to them on the phone. They seemed on the higher side plus most of the places I've talked to about PJ trailers are putting $250+ surcharges on them. So far Kingline in AL has been the lowest: $3,700 OTD for a superwide but 3,500# axles

What were they asking vs. what you got it for?
Travis Macdonald

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 03:35:20 PM »

I look through their site but haven't talked to them on the phone. They seemed on the higher side plus most of the places I've talked to about PJ trailers are putting $250+ surcharges on them. So far Kingline in AL has been the lowest: $3,700 OTD for a superwide but 3,500# axles

What were they asking vs. what you got it for?

I 2nd Trailers for Less, he gave Bobby and I both killer deals, but he did say they were going up in the beginning of 2018 i believe 5% across the board. We both paid $3500 cash i believe, and he threw me a spare and a mount. Both of ours are 6 lug 20' ers.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 04:05:15 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with Max Built Trailers? This seems like a pretty good deal "starter" trailer. Going to give ACE a call too and Trailersforless

18', dual brake axles (3500#), removable fenders, flat deck (no lips or dovetail), and 5' ramps. $2,359 out the door
Travis Macdonald

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 04:33:43 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with Max Built Trailers? This seems like a pretty good deal "starter" trailer. Going to give ACE a call too and Trailersforless

18', dual brake axles (3500#), removable fenders, flat deck (no lips or dovetail), and 5' ramps. $2,359 out the door
I called ace before my buggy hauler purchase. Left a voicemail and never got a call back

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2019, 04:39:00 PM »

IMO #3500s aint enough. no way getting around the LJ weighing at least 5200# ++, and that trailer will weigh at least 2k, thats 4-500# overweight before you add tool boxes, spares, all that. My 20' PJ unloaded with no boxes or spares weighs close to 3k#, and my old 18' 5lug trailer that was super stripped down weighed 1800#. You need a little wiggle room on a trailer, especially if you plan on making any of the cross country trips or even Harlan or PA honestly. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 04:44:01 PM by Jeeptrk »
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 05:15:53 PM »

IMO #3500s aint enough. no way getting around the LJ weighing at least 5200# ++, and that trailer will weigh at least 2k, thats 4-500# overweight before you add tool boxes, spares, all that. My 20' PJ unloaded with no boxes or spares weighs close to 3k#, and my old 18' 5lug trailer that was super stripped down weighed 1800#. You need a little wiggle room on a trailer, especially if you plan on making any of the cross country trips or even Harlan or PA honestly.
Changing to 5k axles increases it by $1k. Does that seem right?
Travis Macdonald

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2019, 06:35:27 PM »
I paid around the same price the other folks paid for the 10k 20' PJ buggy hauler. Sam got the best deal of all of us I'm pretty sure though as they couldn't match it when I bought mine.  I don't think they can be beat for drive overs.  Trailersforless was the cheapest in GA/AL/SC/TN when I called around.

I have thought about changing my trailer setup to aluminum to drop weight and perhaps change out my towrig but it's pricey. 

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2019, 07:16:15 PM »

Changing to 5k axles increases it by $1k. Does that seem right?
My 5200# Dexter axles cost $759 delivered to my work. Plus, you have to figure in tires & wheels @ $75 each (Amazon).

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2019, 07:19:31 PM »
I paid around the same price the other folks paid for the 10k 20' PJ buggy hauler. Sam got the best deal of all of us I'm pretty sure though as they couldn't match it when I bought mine.  I don't think they can be beat for drive overs.  Trailersforless was the cheapest in GA/AL/SC/TN when I called around.

I have thought about changing my trailer setup to aluminum to drop weight and perhaps change out my towrig but it's pricey.

Nows the time while you have a buyer in hand  ;)
Travis Macdonald

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM