BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: New toy!!!!!!  (Read 979 times)

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
Re: New toy!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 11:30:50 PM »
My opinion -
Best to Least Rifle Red Dot
Aimpoint T1/2 or H1/2 if you can't afford the T1/2.

My opinion -
Best to Least Rifle Red Dot
Aimpoint T1/2 or H1/2 if you can't afford the T1/2.
Trijicon Acog
Trijicon MRO
Eotech E/XPS 2/3
Aimpoint Pro or any older Aimpoint
Vortex UH-1
Leupold LCO
Elcan SpectreDR
Holosun 510c
Older Eotechs 512/etc
Don't think I'd buy anything else for Rifle Red Dots.
Trijicon Acog
Trijicon MRO
Eotech E/XPS 2/3
Aimpoint Pro or any older Aimpoint
Vortex UH-1
Leupold LCO
Elcan SpectreDR
Holosun 510c
Older Eotechs 512/etc
Don't think I'd buy anything else for Rifle Red Dots.

Wow.You have a very expensive opinion.

You got a nice rifle. My earmark for optics is usually around 1.5-2x cost of the rifle.  You can get a Vortex UH-1, Trijicon MRO, or Holosun 510c for 200-350. 
Check out reddit/r/gundeals for deals.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 11:55:01 PM by BigPrince »

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2019, 09:08:39 AM »
But at the end of the day, you're only target shooting. Now if it were a service or hunting  weapon, that's a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2019, 09:26:24 AM »
But at the end of the day, you're only target shooting. Now if it were a service or hunting  weapon, that's a different story.

If referring to OP, Perhaps he stated that in another thread?

You can buy the rugged ridge of optics or the Metalcloak / poison Spyder. They’ve got it all whatever fits your want and budget.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 09:29:47 AM by BigPrince »

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2019, 09:29:33 AM »

Perhaps he stated that in another thread?

You can buy the rugged ridge of optics or the Metalcloak / poison Spyder. They’ve got it all.

LOL, great analogy. My AR is a Mall Crawler.

Offline zrxmopar

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2019, 09:32:10 AM »
the holosun has pretty good reviews.
I spent good money on the scope I use for F class. But this gun is just for fun, i wont be competing or doing any thing serious with it.
I really bought it because it was a super good deal.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 09:37:43 AM by zrxmopar »
Shaun
ºlllllllº 2008 JK
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 24v
2022 Yamaha MT10

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2019, 11:55:01 AM »

You can buy the rugged ridge of optics or the Baufang.
Modded it slightly. 
As long as I can reliability hit a few hundred meters out, the scope hold up to multiple shot & not loose zero,  I'm good with buying a cheaper version if the price difference allows it.

Offline zrxmopar

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2019, 02:00:29 PM »
Here's what bought

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Shaun
ºlllllllº 2008 JK
2022 Yamaha MT10

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2019, 02:53:03 PM »
Vortex is killer stuff. 90% of guys will never need a "mil spec" optic, even if they think they are tacticool enough to buy one. I run the shit out of my Vortex stuff with no issues whatsoever. My AK got knocked out of my truck Thursday and landed directly on the optic and I had a 300+ round class Saturday. We checked zero before class and it was still dead nuts. 6" plates on the move at 80-100yrds no problems, its a Vortex SPARC.

Biggest thing with any optic is your zero, finding your holdovers, and practice them.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 02:54:45 PM by Jeeptrk »
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline zrxmopar

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2019, 05:46:43 PM »
Vortex is killer stuff. 90% of guys will never need a "mil spec" optic, even if they think they are tacticool enough to buy one. I run the shit out of my Vortex stuff with no issues whatsoever. My AK got knocked out of my truck Thursday and landed directly on the optic and I had a 300+ round class Saturday. We checked zero before class and it was still dead nuts. 6" plates on the move at 80-100yrds no problems, its a Vortex SPARC.

Biggest thing with any optic is your zero, finding your holdovers, and practice them.

What distance do you zero a red dot?
Shaun
ºlllllllº 2008 JK
2022 Yamaha MT10

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2019, 05:52:17 PM »

What distance do you zero a red dot?

I typically start at 25 then move out from there and confirm zero. There will be a little vertical adjustment most likely.

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2019, 06:20:14 PM »

Cool, who’d you train with?  I need to do more local.  Haven’t done any AK manipulation classes since I did one with Vickers 5-6yrs ago.

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2019, 08:39:04 AM »

Cool, who’d you train with?  I need to do more local.  Haven’t done any AK manipulation classes since I did one with Vickers 5-6yrs ago.

The last couple Ive attended were  @CETSUSA . They are pretty good and reasonable price wise as well. Waiting on them to schedule some more advanced stuff now.

@zrxmopar I also zero my ARs and AKs at 25yrds, then go directly to 100 and just pay attention to your point of aim/point of impact, should be very close.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM