BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Weekend of March 30? Looking to Ride  (Read 1835 times)

Offline thetastelingers

• Visitor
Re: Weekend of March 30? Looking to Ride
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 07:39:29 AM »
I've never been to Windrock and would be interested in going up there at some point.

Go with someone who knows the park, otherwise you could spend a lot of time leaf looking and not doing any real wheeling.  Ask me how I know :)

LOL This is the reason I haven't been. Thanks! :)

I think I'll have better luck recruiting for a day trip instead of the long hauls. I definitely want to make it to Windrock this year so we are going to save that one and try to make the scheduled ride for July.

AOP has the Gambler 500 scheduled for March 30th. I'm assuming that's the "500 miles in a $500 car" thing but could not find a lot of info on it. So AOP may be out.

I'm game for Gulches, just realized I've never been there either. Not sure why since it's so close. But I agree, I would want to make sure the conditions are good before heading over there which might mean no rain between now and then.

Gulches is a 4 hour drive for me. Day trip wouldn't be feasible.
------------------------------------------------------------------
If at once you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 07:27:48 PM »
I would most likely be interested in a day trip on the 30th, just gotta figure out when my older son leaves with his friend for spring break.  Chocco is always an easy one from metro ATL and dries out well, so that gets my vote.  I'm gonna take it easy for a while with my stock axle shafts on 37s so a mild trip would be great.  I have a buddy with a Taco on 285 Coopers that might be able to join as well, he isn't looking for anything difficult. 
Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 02:50:22 PM »
I would most likely be interested in a day trip on the 30th, just gotta figure out when my older son leaves with his friend for spring break.  Chocco is always an easy one from metro ATL and dries out well, so that gets my vote.  I'm gonna take it easy for a while with my stock axle shafts on 37s so a mild trip would be great.  I have a buddy with a Taco on 285 Coopers that might be able to join as well, he isn't looking for anything difficult. 

There’s been a couple folks throw around Chocco and that might be a better bet than Gulches this early in the season. I am game.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 09:28:09 PM by Will »
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2019, 04:36:32 PM »

There’s been a couple folks throw around Chocco and that might be a better bet that Gulches this early in the season. I am game.
That's better for me, but I'm still not committed.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Truckin222

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 06:42:41 PM »
I can get us into black moose in dawsonville if that is interesting to anyone. Not a days worth of trails, but some fun obstacles & hills. & really close to Atl area... I’d also like to ride that weekend... can’t make CFR...
Zach & Ruby Southard

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 09:06:13 PM »
I can get us into black moose in dawsonville if that is interesting to anyone. Not a days worth of trails, but some fun obstacles & hills. & really close to Atl area... I’d also like to ride that weekend... can’t make CFR...

I’m interested... what would that look like as far as access and price? You know the owner I’m guessing?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 09:20:36 PM »
X2

Offline Truckin222

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 07:48:56 AM »
He asks for a $40 donation per truck. Passengers included.
He raised the price for trucks because of trail erosion/maintenance.
I'll meet you guys there, but can also pm the gate code in case you get there before me.

As an aside, he said he'd open the gate for the club any time there are 5 or more trucks...

Always weather permitting here, when it's really wet the trails are off limits.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:08:24 AM by Truckin222 »
Zach & Ruby Southard

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2019, 08:38:45 AM »
He asks for a $40 donation per truck. Passengers included.
He raised the price for trucks because of trail erosion/maintenance.
I'll meet you guys there, but can also pm the gate code in case you get there before me.

As an aside, he said he'd open the gate for the club any time there are 5 or more trucks...

Always weather permitting here, when it's really wet the trails are off limits.

If I’m being honest, initially that $40 seems a little steep for half-day of wheeling but I have never been so can’t say if it’s worth it. I’d like to come check the place out and I’m sure we could get 5 rigs in on it. Can you confirm that we can ride on the 30th, weather permitting? Then we will get a ride check-in started. Thanks for your willingness to help get us in there.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:39:55 AM by Will »
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2019, 08:43:58 AM »
Might as well just do some Forrest roads if you’re going to go to Black Moose.

Offline Truckin222

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 09:12:47 AM »
I agree $40 is sort of steep. But its close.
Just past the outlet mall in Dawsonville.

And there are some legit obstacles, rocks & hills that are quite fun.

Definitely not a weekend destination for most, but a good half day/full day of play...

March 30 is a go.
5 rigs is not a requirement for that weekend, but in the future if you guys want to go once you know the place, he'll open up for a minimum of 5.

I work for him & have access to the property pretty much any time...

« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 09:13:51 AM by Truckin222 »
Zach & Ruby Southard

Offline Truckin222

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2019, 09:14:47 AM »
Couple more...

Definitely more fun than fire roads.

There's a cool creek bed with big rocks and a washed out v-ditch and a bunch of rocky hills and woods trails.
I'm pic limited cause I'm usually there with just me and my daughter and just take pics of her...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 09:34:57 AM by Truckin222 »
Zach & Ruby Southard

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM