BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: What were you driving for your first GATR Club ride  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
Re: What were you driving for your first GATR Club ride
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 08:52:16 PM »
Ok found this one from my first ride.  Morris Mtn Feb 2013.  I remember meeting  Blue Wes and White Wes, Tony, Bobby, Jared, Todd, Marc (?), Alex, Danny, Adam, AJ, YJ Steve and not sure who else.  It was freaking cold in the morning.  Had a blast that weekend.

I think in the picture is Tony, Wes, me, Wes (or Alex).
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 09:02:07 PM »
Long bed Chevy truck, open/open IFS.  Wrong everything, but I took that thing places it shouldn’t have gone.
Morris mountain was my first trip ever to a park .  I aired down  way to far and spun the tire right off the rim,and it rolled down the hill,  and still drove another 100 yards up the hill across from the steel bridge without knowing it was gone.
  Picture is from Gulches, fuel pump went out right there!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:04:39 PM by Cannonballkev »
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 09:04:51 PM »
I can’t find pictures of my “first” official GATR ride but I do recall it was At Tellico with Matt, Daniel, Brad, and Adam in a cabin infested with fleas. It was before this photo. I do know that. But here’s a photo of “one” of my first rides also at Tellico in my old YJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Slickrock!!!

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »
Took me a while to find a pic of how my jeep looked then (last pic, before lift and tires), but I found some pics from my first trip with the group at AOP (2012 or 2013?) with Wes, Jared, Steve, Mark (I think) and a few more. A few months later is the parking lot shot at gulches and what i think was John's first trip with his silver JKU?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yup. That's my green JKU with factory wheels, fenders and a monster bumper before I even got a lift. Good times! lol
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 09:52:41 PM »
I can’t find pictures of my “first” official GATR ride but I do recall it was At Tellico with Matt, Daniel, Brad, and Adam in a cabin infested with fleas. It was before this photo. I do know that. But here’s a photo of “one” of my first rides also at Tellico in my old YJ.

Slickrock!!!

Yessir! I loved that damn place. RIP!

Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 09:57:42 PM »
Slickrock!!!

Has anyone been up that way in the past couple of years? I heard they paved trail 1 and you can still drive through there between Murphy and Tellico Plains. I almost detoured over there the last time I was passing through Murphy but didn’t have time. I’m just interested to see what it looks like now.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 10:29:23 PM »
River Rock 2007 was my first ride. Took a perfectly good TJ and beat the crap out of it. Broke a gas gauge/float in the tank and TKO’d one of the side steps. That may have been the last time anything on 33s went through the rat hole. Good times.

Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 03:55:12 AM »
June 2010 was my first ride with GATR
4'' lift on 35's with 3.07 gears
Dana 30 and Dana 35 > open/open

Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 05:16:46 AM »
Slickrock!!!

Has anyone been up that way in the past couple of years? I heard they paved trail 1 and you can still drive through there between Murphy and Tellico Plains. I almost detoured over there the last time I was passing through Murphy but didn’t have time. I’m just interested to see what it looks like now.
A few years back I went by after riding Tellico Durhamtown. It was a sad sight. Trail 1 was paved & all the trails off of it were graded smooth & gated off. I walked to cement bridge that was built a year or two before the closure & all of the silt fences were falling over or totally buried under silt.
I still want to go back & walk to Fains Ford & slickrock.

Offline thetastelingers

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 07:22:36 AM »
Long armed TJ on 35s locked with 4:88
First trail ride was AOP a few years ago.  CFR 2017

20150118_141738 by thetastelingers, on Flickr

20170303_115937 by thetastelingers, on Flickr

20170303_121530 by thetastelingers, on Flickr
------------------------------------------------------------------
If at once you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 09:04:34 AM »
I think River Rock 2007 was my first ride with the group.  This was when the white jeep was still orange.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 09:31:38 AM »
Not a first ride pic but a fun one... Jay presenting Bobby with a PBJ snack sandwich.  Harlan 8/16/2014
JK-AJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM