BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Crawling For Reid March 22-24 2019 AOP - Pictures, lies, stories and carnage.  (Read 4624 times)

Offline wiffle9

• Visitor
I just want to say thanks to everyone in the club. I had a great time talking and hanging out with everyone. It's was fun meeting new folks and catching up with a few familiar faces. I can't wait to get out to another ride. I only got a few pics and here they are. These are mostly from Thursday and one pic on Fri night.

Did anybody get a pic of the willys going up the exit of 95?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 08:10:36 PM by wiffle9 »
Clay, Nichole, Aaron, and Myles

Stretched M38

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
What it’s supposed to look like and the broke side. Got fender off the tire and ready to trailer. Can't figure out how the he'll this could happen. Must have been weakening for a whilw.

all due respect , Randy ; th "how it's supposed to look " side also appears to have some weakening welds up & under there from the looks of the picture.

That looks as if they made the mount by bending the plate rather than welds.  More likely a stress fracture.
It is bent, not welded

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Uncle Randy

• Visitor
  • Cherish every minute
What it’s supposed to look like and the broke side. Got fender off the tire and ready to trailer. Can't figure out how the he'll this could happen. Must have been weakening for a whilw.

all due respect , Randy ; th "how it's supposed to look " side also appears to have some weakening welds up & under there from the looks of the picture.

_________
thanks, need all the help I can get. Seriously. I was planning to get them all inspected. bracket metal thickness seems thin now!
Randy
'06TJ
Treekiller

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
I had a good time this weekend, as did my friends who had never been to this park. Couldn't have asked for better wheeling weather!

My plugged red label ended up having a second leak this morning. Will need to get it patched up before rausch. Also noticed my volt meter was reading near 12v when running. Hopefully just a loose wire.

Here's what I got.

Random: we got checked for wristbands at the top of the mountain. At 1am Sunday morning by a patrol crew. Wonder if it was related to the Friday accident or if they had been doing it the whole time

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Looks like everyone had a great time for a great event. My wife wasn't feeling well so I didnt come.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
Nice pix , @patman

I also noticed Saturday morning up on trails somebody in a safety vest was checking wristbands.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
While I was working the gate Friday the lady was asking
about helpers to go around the park to check wrist bands.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline filco

• Visitor
Anybody win anything good in the raffles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think any GATR member won anything.
I won the rcv prize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Uncle Randy

• Visitor
  • Cherish every minute
Forgot to Thank crew. HUGE THANKS to. John D, Rob and Jay for getting sunk side of rig raised so we could see what was going on and band-aid it; and to LA crew Danny and Mike for temp fix so I could get off mtn. If I missed someone i am very sorry. At camp i jacked it up and inserted and strapped in 4x4 timber i had in trailer box between frame cross member and axle. On way to AS THIS morning. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 12:04:36 PM by Uncle Randy »
Randy
'06TJ
Treekiller

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER

That looks as if they made the mount by bending the plate rather than welds.  More likely a stress fracture.
It is bent, not welded

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I grabbed a look at mine (Artec), since mine are similar, but there is quite a bit of difference in the setup.  Later today I'll take some photos to show you what the ones I have are like.  For now, you can go here to see how the current Artec ones are shaped:  https://www.artecindustries.com/shock_towers
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline flashover101

• Visitor
Had a great time this weekend in perfect conditions for wheeling and camping. I once again failed to get any good wheeling pics but here’s what I got.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
2014 JK

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM