BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Woman Loses Leg in Moab  (Read 775 times)

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
Re: Woman Loses Leg in Moab
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 08:36:06 AM »
Damn.

The battery looks like it didn't have a good mount...I'm surprised on a new rig.

I'm thinking that is the OEM airbox but hard to tell.

Yes , this type of modern era wheeler will learn these lessons the hard way - as has always been the case - but it'll all be online . The sport we love will change the more  accidents such as this happen but I think moreso since now the entire world can see it. I'm not so sure this is a good thing .
I am sure that it is awful that a person had to be handicapped by what is supposed to be a fun time.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 10:41:37 AM »

That's definitely the factory battery box
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 10:42:35 AM »
Damn.

The battery looks like it didn't have a good mount...I'm surprised on a new rig.

Yes , this type of modern era wheeler will learn these lessons the hard way - as has always been the case - but it'll all be online . The sport we love will change the more  accidents such as this happen but I think moreso since now the entire world can see it. I'm not so sure this is a good thing .
I am sure that it is awful that a person had to be handicapped by what is supposed to be a fun time.

I'd say it works the other way. Would he have taken that line if he wasn't filming it for his "channel"? To me this is the most dangerous part. Idiocy is getting rewarded financially through youtube views
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 08:44:17 AM »
Damn.

I'd say it works the other way. Would he have taken that line if he wasn't filming it for his "channel"? To me this is the most dangerous part. Idiocy is getting rewarded financially through youtube views

@clark123456 yeah, I was wrong on your correct battery box ID. I don't know no JL shtuff...

I agree & couldn't say or include what @TravisMac said perfect ; the element of " I'm on camera = better make for good content" is gonna be a factor even for the most experienced crawler. That + one moment of less than  100% awareness is recipe for more bad stories like this.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2019, 12:45:50 AM »
Well now I know exactly where this is. What a dumb f-ck.

/>

Believe this is the same spot from slightly different angle.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 12:50:06 AM by BigPrince »

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2019, 03:16:31 PM »
Wow. Really weird how that happened.  Doesn’t make sense

Offline Bjk77

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2019, 05:02:57 PM »
I haven’t doin this near as long as you guys. But by that video it looks like something got stuck. Gas was held waayy to long. Like Tony said jus doesn’t look right. Lady was definitely unfortunate.

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2019, 05:05:50 PM »
I haven’t doin this near as long as you guys. But by that video it looks like something got stuck. Gas was held waayy to long. Like Tony said jus doesn’t look right. Lady was definitely unfortunate.
You got any updates you want to share with everyone?

Offline Bjk77

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2019, 05:12:11 PM »
Yea I should have started a build thread a while back but figured I was to far in to do it. But we’ve got Dana ultimates under our jku now with bolt-on coil overs in the rear. With stt pro 40’s. It’s in the shop getting an alignment now. Next step will be hydro assist. Hope to be through by July ride. Depending on work schedule.

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2019, 05:30:40 PM »
Yea I should have started a build thread a while back but figured I was to far in to do it. But we’ve got Dana ultimates under our jku now with bolt-on coil overs in the rear. With stt pro 40’s. It’s in the shop getting an alignment now. Next step will be hydro assist. Hope to be through by July ride. Depending on work schedule.
Well that was one hell of an update. I’m assuming UD60’s.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline flashover101

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2019, 07:07:52 PM »
Well now I know exactly where this is. What a dumb f-ck.

/>

Believe this is the same spot from slightly different angle.

What do you think happened Don? I think our conversation on this tragic event has steered away from the cause from which we may learn from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike
2014 JK

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2019, 07:15:38 PM »
My guess, dude was over his head, hit the gas instead of the brake by accident and brain froze.  He should have been on the brake same time he accelerated. If he had kept going straight I think I remember there being a big cliff so probably saw that and whipped it left in a panic.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM