BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JULY : 26th – 28th WINDROCK - pictures, stories, lies, and carnage  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re: JULY : 26th – 28th WINDROCK - pictures, stories, lies, and carnage
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2019, 04:26:59 PM »
It did better than I expected. Drove 10 up to Windrock wheeled all weekend and drove 13 hours home. Not bad for a shade tree mechanic..

Very impressive
Jay

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2019, 05:40:35 PM »
It did better than I expected. Drove 10 up to Windrock wheeled all weekend and drove 13 hours home. Not bad for a shade tree mechanic..
It did great and did all the same trails as the guys with TJ’s/LJ’s/YJ’s/CJ’s on 40’s. 
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2019, 10:28:56 AM »
It did great and did all the same trails as the guys with TJ’s/LJ’s/YJ’s/CJ’s on 40’s.

my internal voice; " do not hear him say that about that cool JK 4 door. I am selling /trading the jku. stick to your guns . This nor any cool tubed-JK or Sam's  will not change my mind. Do not go downstwairs in garage & hug or talk to the JKU. Just continue to coldly prep it for sale to get yousel a 2 seat trail Jeep....."

I have to do that constantly, heh...
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2019, 04:37:59 PM »

my internal voice; " do not hear him say that about that cool JK 4 door. I am selling /trading the jku. stick to your guns . This nor any cool tubed-JK or Sam's  will not change my mind. Do not go downstwairs in garage & hug or talk to the JKU. Just continue to coldly prep it for sale to get yousel a 2 seat trail Jeep....."

Trading the JKU - Really?  [poke]

Why not just tube the back half of that JKU and throw some wonton's and Fordy's on there like to kool kids did?  [cheers2]
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2019, 11:20:44 PM »

Trading the JKU - Really?  [poke]

Why not just tube the back half of that JKU and throw some wonton's and Fordy's on there like to kool kids did?  [cheers2]

the rookie skills to back that up. after seeing what that new member Chase did on his build on JKO I had reality check. I am only just getting  a real welder.

I have the tie-rod comin which is its next to last thing to fix from Hale
to repair , then im gonna try to , man.
I really really really like this fat-butted JKU. I do wanna just thrash it a d use it but it's a pretty nice Jeep. Be a shame to grind it's doors or b-pillar across some rock. It's gonna happen. Someone could enjoy it with thier family & get into Jeeping with it & I could use it to grab something that will hurt to do but be appropriate to do .

I came close to layin her over as we were behind all you guys headin  to that boatramp trail at hale this season. I didd not like not being able to ride that myself. Not where I need to be. This Jeep just is no longer the right one for me. *. I am gong to make  an effort to get already built rig built for what I want to  do.

I am gonna lose shirt and skin but hope to come-out bein able to find suitable trail Jeep to buy for whatever sad  amount -  compared to what we all know I've already stupidly spent - that I can get for her.

Best-case: some dude w/ built trail Jeep who has new family+ wants dual purpose jeep  = would wanna trade + cash or somethin.

I don't think I'm gonna now drop 7,500- 12,000 for housings , wheels, 40s , then a cage , plus i dont have time ( im 50) nor the 2 post lift required to do it myself, no one is workin on it but me, im prety sure my
 OCD would not allow me any progress  to do it ,anyway, so...

wrong time to ask me that, buddy

very displeased Jeeper here.
Need drastic change.

(edit: *I don't need back seats . I put less than 600 road miles on the 4 door last year. why am I towing a mall crawler to each ride? wrong Jeep)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 11:27:46 PM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline thetastelingers

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2019, 07:19:42 AM »
Logical thinking? Who does that? LOL

Good luck man. I don't see why you couldn't find someone looking to get into a more road friendly jeep after they went over the top.

Maybe put a trade thread on Pirate4X4 and see if you can get some action over there?

I'll keep my eye open for what you are interested in.
------------------------------------------------------------------
If at once you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2019, 07:37:26 AM »
Logical thinking? Who does that? LOL

Good luck man. I don't see why you couldn't find someone looking to get into a more road friendly jeep after they went over the top.

Maybe put a trade thread on Pirate4X4 and see if you can get some action over there?

I'll keep my eye open for what you are interested in.

thanks,bud

yeah, once the hunt starts I have no doubt you guys'll come across some potential rigs.

I've got spec-sheet,history & build document & advert created & ready.

I've got inventory listing over 60 new/used JK specific parts I'm gonna also post.

I had some things to fix ; turns out the damage at Hale was balljoints & tierod.
Synergy BJs installed , tierod replacement on its way here now.
 At Hale, Travis & Kent helped me fix ram at axle-side mount I bent, last thing is to burn the dualshear tabs on better there.

then I'll post the ads , likely next week.

I'll post to pirate,jko & hardline plus here ,of course.  I so don't wanna deal or post to that Jeeps & Wrenches , fcbk club here but I bet my selling options increase by doing so .  [no2]

[smoke]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 07:40:54 AM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM